Carter Wong

FrankBolte

You know, there's the story that Bruce Lee was showing Bob Wall and Chuck Norris around the GH studios and Carter Wong happened to be on some set (I forget what film) choreographing the action. Well, Bruce proceeds to tell Bob and Chuck, in very loud English, that he thinks that what's going on is crap. Carter Wong stopped what he was doing, and looked Bruce dead in the eyes. Everybody on the set shut the hell up, and some tense seconds passed... Then Bruce just smiled, and walked off.

Thus, in HK I used to here it said that Carter Wong was the only man who ever stared Bruce down.

(The story might be apocryphal - I guess only Buddha knows.)

Carter Wong could give scary, intimidating glares..  Not sure if Bruce would have been able to locate Carter's weak point.. 

Is Born Invincible available on DVD in Widescreen?  I have only found it on 4:3 aspect DVDs.

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker

Carter Wong, as the man is actually a master level martial artist, I have long thought of as one of the best old school guys. The Bronzemen series and Born Invincible, among others, are classics.

You know, there's the story that Bruce Lee was showing Bob Wall and Chuck Norris around the GH studios and Carter Wong happened to be on some set (I forget what film) choreographing the action. Well, Bruce proceeds to tell Bob and Chuck, in very loud English, that he thinks that what's going on is crap. Carter Wong stopped what he was doing, and looked Bruce dead in the eyes. Everybody on the set shut the hell up, and some tense seconds passed... Then Bruce just smiled, and walked off.

Thus, in HK I used to here it said that Carter Wong was the only man who ever stared Bruce down.

(The story might be apocryphal - I guess only Buddha knows.)

I think they're called, RUMORS.

• Like 2

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

There is no doubt that Master Wong is one of the greats of 'old school kung fu movies'.

Carter Wong was one of the stars in some of my earliest kung fu movie experiences.

I can not think of the title of the first movie I saw him in but you all will remember for me.

The fight where Carter and a prince and woman and older man are escaping from the Ching's outside the city walls.

Carter gives his life so the other 3 can escape.

That was the first time I was blown away by this mans skill.

The question arises: As good a villain as they come as well as one of the great good guys of kung fu movie stardom.

Which way do you prefer your Carter?

GD Y-Y

Edited by GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
  • Like 3

GD-YY are you thinking of "The Ming Patriots" with Bruce Li and Chang Yi?

It was a cool flick, I also found Carters cameo to be one of the more memorable scenes of the film.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GD-YY are you thinking of "The Ming Patriots" with Bruce Li and Chang Yi?

It was a cool flick, I also found Carters cameo to be one of the more memorable scenes of the film.

Yes of course,

Thanks paimeifist.

MingPatriots_GoldenSwallow_SC36.thumb.jp

GD Y-Y

Edited by GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
  • Like 2

The question arises: As good a villain as they come as well as one of the great good guys of kung fu movie stardom.

Which way do you prefer your Carter?

I prefer Carter with white hair, Tiger tank armored skin, and a maniac laugh!  Plowing the ground with his feet, jumping into the air, and landing firmly in the Invincible Sun and Moon Step position!  Tapping into the fundamental forces, that reside within the earth itself..

He must bathe in the secret lotions, take the special pills and hold to a rigorous diet for 30 years (no McDonald's, Taco Bell or similar shit food).  A super diet, supplemented with plenty of Polly's Iron Rooster Tea!

Carter's knuckles, alone, can break massive stones, and his kicks are like high voltage thunderbolts!  Very, very few people, even qualify or have the strength to learn Carter's Born Invincible Tai Chi Kung Fu!

They just don't make movies anymore, that are as awesome as the ones from over three decades ago..

tumblr_mmqsdvkWXx1rdsiguo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mmqsdvkWXx1rdsiguo2_1280.jpg

• Like 1

He looks quite badass on the Secrets of Kung Fu cover.  :cool 

CW is a badass 4 effing real. Scary guy in person. Nice enough to everyone, but serious and def gives out the vibe,"Don't fuck with me - or else !". Years back I saw him give a seminar at one of his schools in NYC. Impressive guy.

• Like 3

CW has really bulked up over the years, what?

9a504fc2d562853528dd5f2792ef76c6a7ef63f3.jpg

18.jpg

What year was the top picture taken, anyone know?. He always looked like he worked out but Ive never seen an image of his neck & trapezius muscles looking that big. He must have gone on the Bolo Yeung training/diet program to attain neck & shoulders like that lol.

Edited by DragonClaws

What year was the top picture taken, anyone know?. He always looked like he worked out but Ive never seen an image of his neck & trapezius muscles looking that big. He must have gone on the Bolo Yeung training/diet program to attain neck & shoulders like that lol.

I think he was always built like that but probably put a little more bulk on in later years(most of us do lol), the two pictures are misleading because in the first one he has his arms up, the second he's posing in a way(WWF style) to show off his chest and shoulders, pumping them up.

I think he was always built like that but probably put a little more bulk on in later years(most of us do lol), the two pictures are misleading because in the first one he has his arms up, the second he's posing in a way(WWF style) to show off his chest and shoulders, pumping them up.

I don't know the year, but he might just be rolling the traps forward for the pose,  which is a kind of "trick" in bodybuilding.

I don't know the year, but he might just be rolling the traps forward for the pose,  which is a kind of "trick" in bodybuilding.

Thanks guys.

He's doing a variation of the most muscular pose that does emphasize the neck and chest. The more you have developed those body parts the the better the pose will look. I'd take a guess and say that image was taken in the 80's.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

There's no enlgish subtitles for this 2018 video, but it's great to see Carter Wong's Martial Arts demo.

• Like 2