Okja (2016) - Bong Joon-Ho's next crossover

AlbertV

Korean director Bong Joon-Ho (Snowpiercer) is going to be working on another crossover U.S.-Korean film entitled Okja. It is described as a cross-continental monster movie and will involve a rural Korean girl who travels between both her homeland and the U.S. Already confirmed to join the cast are Tilda Swinton (great in Snowpiercer IMO), Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano, Bill Nighy, and Kelly Macdonald. 

Shooting begins early next year.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/39270/gyllenhaal-dano-join-bong-joon-ho-s-okja

• Like 1

I am so looking forward to this. I loved all of Bong's films (his comedic asides ALWAYS crack me up from the crying scene in The Host to Won Bin acting like a criminal in Mother to the kids scene in Snowpiercer and so on) and I hope this film is just as good, if not better than his high standards.

I'm assuming Song Kang-ho is in this movie? Most likely, although he wasn't in Mother.

• Like 1

Brad Pitt will be serving as a producer on the film under his Plan B Productions and Netflix is investing in the film as well. It's apparently going to be a monster movie but not a horrific monster movie, but more of a misunderstood type monster. Pitt and Netflix have even told director Bong they will give him complete control on the film. 

“It is a bulky animal, but with a mild and kind spirit. The film is about a warm friendship between a country girl and a brute with stories. To me, the crazy world surrounding Okja and the girl looks more like a monster. I want to depict the two characters’ bizarre journey and adventure across the tough world in an original fashion.”

http://www.vulture.com/2015/11/brad-pitt-netflix-back-bong-joon-hos-next-film.html?mid=imdb

• Like 2