Jiang Luxia

Keung

Someone give this girl a leading role already! She's got the skills, the looks, and potential to be a superstar. 

Can't say I'm a big fan of anything she's been in so far though. :speechless

Her role in True Legend was good, albeit quite brief.

163_29398_575850.jpg

624803c2jw1evdpv7bbjpj21f01w01l1.jpg

624803c2jw1ew396qi45ej20qo0zk7wh.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Taste Keung!  I mentioned my girl beforehand in the Badass women of cinema thread and if you're willing,I have some movies to offer if you haven't already seen them.Check out Coweb,Bad Blood,Vampire Warriors and Naked Soldier.You won't be disappointed.

Jiang Lu Xia was given her first shot at stardom by none other than Xiong Xin Xin aka"Clubfoot" in the actioner Coweb where she squares off with Kane Kosugi in her debut.I just want to add that since the retirement of my all time favourite femme fatale Yukari Oshima aka Dai do alias "The Osh" Jiang Lu Xia is the only female today in martial arts cinema that reminds me of her in terms of toughness,fitness, and ability.It doesn't hurt to mention cuteness and that killer stare when they mean business.

On an end note...She's a foremost martial artist who I would love to see transition to the west in the future.She'd be a good candidate to face off against Gina Carano or Ronda Rousy.

Yukari Oshima redux, indeed. It's uncanny!

I've seen Coweb, True Legend, Ip Man: The Final Fight, Sifu vs. Vampire, and yesterday I ordered Vampire Warriors and Once Upon a Time in Shanghai on Blu-ray – although I've heard she isn't in that one much. 

She was great in Bad Blood, but then, to me, anyone who brings a chain whip to a Triad fight is awesome in my book. I also saw her in Ip Man: The Final Fight and True Legend, but I really need to see her other films. Here's hoping to a long and distinguished career in the martial arts film industry!

Archived