Penny Dreadful

kokuryuha

Imagine if there was a tv series that basically put some of your favorite horror myths and or icons in into the same setting such as Frankenstein,TheWolfman,Vampires,Witches,Dorian Grey,And Lucifer The Devil himself? Well imagine no further because there is such a series in existance named Penny Dreadful(named after horror novels publicated in Britain) which takes place in London during the 19th century.The casting is strong here consisting of familiar faces that you may know like Timothy Dalton,Eva Green,Josh Harnett,Billie Piper and Rory Kinnear.

It first aired in last year May 11,2014 on showime and has continued up to now completing it's 2nd season and starting the 3rd season sometime in 2016.For those familiar with True Blood and Game of thrones this is one of the few shows that can match them for suspense,grit,gore,a good degree of action and yes nudity.All combined with a storyline that's sharp and compelling to the point that at the end of each episode you'll be left with whatever you saw and heard still echoing within the caverns of your mind.

penny-dreadful-s02-e01-1080i-hdtv-dd5-1-mpeg2-ntb.jpeg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I agree, this series is really something. We watched the first season as it aired, and the first couple of episodes of the second, but fell out of it. There was other stuff that we watch that was always airing at the same time, and too much to record at once on the DVR. So we decided to wait until the second season ended, then go back and marathon it at our convenience. We just didn't get back to it yet.

It's a dark show! And in my opinion, Eva Green is proving to be one of the best and bravest performers of her generation.

I have one kind of odd complaint... The gentleman that plays Frankenstein's monster, actor Rory Kinnear, doesn't look right for the part. Not to me anyway. He's a very good actor, and is doing wonderful work on the show. But physically... his features just look too soft or something to me. His face is too round... Ah well, as I said- an 'odd complaint'.

ShaOW!linDude

Hmmm, this sounds interesting. I'll look to see if it's hit Netflix or Amazon Prime.

I really liked the 1st season not really feeling the 2nd one though must say Eva Green really is a great actress saw her in a western recently with the actor who is in the Hannibal series. good stuff.

Archived