BAIAN: THE ASSASSIN ?

Guest Tosh

Has anyone seen this and like to comment, I see they have it at my local video store, but there are several movies in there I'd like to see.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KevinClo

It's okay. If you have ever heard of the Hissatsu/"Sure Death" series then this is all related. The original long running tv series and movies started in the early 1970's with Ken Ogata in the lead role. A few others have played this character, but this particular version is the one with Ken Watanabe in the main role. It was done in the early 90's.

Basically, Baian is an acupuncturist doctor with a good business by day, but contract killer by night. His speciality is using his needles for the kills. The stories are slow paced because Baian does a lot of investigation work to show the background and guilt of the people involved.

This series is not something I would throw everything down to watch, but eventually you may want to take a look at it. The first dvd has the longer special tv movies that are over an hour each. The second dvd I have the episodes are closer to forty-five minutes each.

KC

Guest Daisho2004

I really like this series its something different, not really heavy on the action but really good storylines. And the way he plots to kill his victims is really cool, I have all the volumes that have been released so far which is 3 and vol#4 is due out in early September. Its worth picking up.

Archived