Marko Zaror "The Dragon from Chile"

kokuryuha

When I first heard of this dude and saw him in action,It was watching Undisputed 3.He went up against Scott Adkins no holds barred style.After seeing that,As the song goes...

??"Now I'm a believer"?? But seriously this guy holds weight as an onscreen fighter and martial artist.At 6'2 weighing in at 210+ pounds Marko is a force of reckoning.This Chilean phenom first cut his teeth in hollywood as Dwanye "The Rock" Johnson's stunt double in The Rundown(2003) and from there he went back to his native land Chile and did the movie called Kiltro(2006) in which he got to showcase his true capabilities highlighting his Tae Kwon Do and Kickboxing skills.Marko has also dabbled in western boxing,karate,wrestling and kung fu.After Kiltro he got to do a movie called Mirageman(2007)which allowed him to indulge in his childhood dream of becoming a superhero(albeit no superpowers)Then he did Mandrill(2009) puttin him in a "Mack

Daddy"ladies man avenger role to great effect.Then along came Undisputed 3(2010) that brought him to center stage and set up a string of other roles to follow one of them starring in the sequel to Machete,Machete kills(2013) Marko has just completed another actioner with him as the lead once again in Redeemer(2014/2015) All I can further say is that this guy is one to watch and has what it takes as a performer and a future great.He has a patented move that he invented himself and uses in his movies called "The flipping Axe kick" consisting of a back flip,half twist landing as a forward axe kick to the face.(seen in Mandrill,Undisputed 3,and Machete kills) If you haven't already seen him in action...Check him out.You'll be pleasantly pleased.

1297742194194_f.jpeg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I love Zaror!!!! I wish he was able to put out films more quickly. And if you haven't had a chance to watch Chinango, track that down. You'll enjoy it, too. It's actually a film he did before Kiltro.

http://www.amazon.com/Chinango-Marko-Zaror/dp/B000IZJ210/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1443757972&sr=1-1&keywords=chinango

Here's a link to the review I did for Redeemer for the site's main page.

http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/redeemer-2015/

Marko Zaror plays a Motorball (gladiator-style combat game) player in the upcoming live action Alita: Battle Angel.  It's based on the manga by Yukito Kishiro, is directed by Robert Rodriguez, and will be released on July 20, 2018.  James Cameron (one of the producers) acquired the rights to Alita years ago (around year 2000), then decided he wasn't going to make it until after he'd done some work on the Avatar sequels.  Filming has been completed.  Mahershala Ali (recent Oscar winner) has 2 roles in the movie.  

The Hollywood Reporter described the film:

Set in the 26th century, Alita: Battle Angel tells of a female cyborg that is discovered in a trash yard by a scientist. With no memory of her previous life except her deadly martial arts training, the woman becomes a bounty hunter, tracking down criminals.

Here's another upcoming movie co-starring Mark Zaror - Savage Dogs, opening in 2017.  Cast also includes Scott Adkins, Juju Chan, Cung Le, David Keith, and Aki Aleong.  It's "a period actioner that takes place in Indochina, during the merciless 1950s".  The director is Jesse V Johnson.  Some of the movie was actually filmed at Dien Bien Phu.  One of the movie posters - "Indochina, 1958.  The French have left, the Americans have yet to arrived.  Just one man has declared war. 

photos, posters at

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5851014/mediaviewer/rm4107091456

Trailer -

One Armed Boxer

With the upcoming theatrical and VOD release of 'Savage Dog' in the US, I recently had the opportunity to fire 10 questions at the villain of the piece, played by the suitably imposing Dragon from Chile - Marko Zaror. From his dream of fighting Donnie Yen, to a rematch against Scott Adkins, check it out here -

http://cityonfire.com/taming-the-savage-dog-10-questions-for-marko-zaror-interview-martial-artist-chile/

zaror.gif

Archived