Fu Sheng book coming soon....

teako170

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I admit I haven't been *extremely* interested so far, but this looks quite fascinating. I'll have to get a copy when it gets finished. 

The Man in White. No, not Lung Tien-Hsiang of "The Flag of Iron" fame. The actor in the center is Lau Kwai-hong who was one of the best-known Canto-comedy stars of the 30s and 40s. He acted in 350+ films and perfected the art of playing the blundering fool who was at his best when delivering justice and making the audience laugh with his offbeat persona. Like Fu Sheng, Lau Kwai-hong passed at a young age (36/37).

So, what does Lau Kwai-hong have to do with Alex you might wonder?

According to Lau Kar-wing, it was Lau Kwai-hong who introduced his (and LKL’s) father, Lau Jaam, to the film industry. If you subscribe to the "Back to the Future" Ripple Effect Theory, if Lau Kwai-hong hadn’t introduced Lau Jaam to the business, he in turn wouldn’t have brought Lau Kar-Leung, and later Lau Kar-wing, into the industry. Considering this, Fu Sheng’s career may have turned out very different indeed.

More obscure and fascinating factoids in the upcoming book. it is my intention to have this project available to the fans by Alex's upcoming birthday. Just waiting on a few pieces of the final puzzle to be put in place.

34906049_850006958525427_5388758379525046272_n.jpg

✔ Final polish complete
✔ Cover art in the works
✔ Book Cover design up next
✔ October 20 release imminent

Image150.jpg

341 pages. My little typewriter sure is tired (LOL). I actually took this photo over two years ago, waiting for the day I could finally say .. Yes, the book is complete! 

Well, here we are. The manuscript is now being reviewed for printing, and while I would love to give myself a nice break, there's still more to do: Webpage, book-trailer, promo shots, etc, etc. 

28 days and counting...!

IMG_6824.JPG

12 hours ago, teako170 said:

341 pages. My little typewriter sure is tired (LOL). I actually took this photo over two years ago, waiting for the day I could finally say .. Yes, the book is complete! 

Well, here we are. The manuscript is now being reviewed for printing, and while I would love to give myself a nice break, there's still more to do: Webpage, book-trailer, promo shots, etc, etc. 

28 days and counting...!

Congrats! Super excited to finally get to read it. And I never get excited to read a book so that's saying a lot! 😁 And I'm sure we really appreciate all the hard work you've put into this project!

Thanks a lot for the hard work !

And it's a nice typewriter you have ! I thought that you were writing your book on the computer as most of people I know do.

I myself have an old typewriter, but it's now impossible to find the ribbons that fit it, and I'm not even sure that there are still any ribbons for any typewriter available (if any typewriter are still existing and are not " dying " under the roof of people's houses...

Ditto what @ShawAngela said.

Writing a book on any subject's not easy, and when it comes to Asian movies stars, there's probably more myths than truths, in regards to information. Making it even more of an achievement, if you can put a written biogrpahy together on someone.

Naval Commando's(1977)

03213d15bb83836b477f0985cff25e45--kung-f

I can't wait either, but is Chang Cheh's memoir still available for purchase anywhere? Would like to get that too

OpiumKungFuCracker

Been keeping up with this thread since the start. Can't wait till the book comes in fruition. Instant Purchase, Fu Sheng is the man! 

• Administrator
On 10/9/2018 at 8:52 AM, De Ming Li said:

I can't wait either, but is Chang Cheh's memoir still available for purchase anywhere? Would like to get that too

That Chang Cheh memoir was only available from... I think it's called the Honk Kong Film Archives, or something like that. Not sure if it's still available or not.

21 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Where did you ordered it ?

Dkrectly from teako170 ? And how much does it cost ?

It's NOT available yet. It will be available on Saturday, October 21st, and the author will start a new thread announcing it.

Archived