Chain of Command (formerly The Echo Effect) (2015)

mpm74

Production has wrapped for Echo Effect, an action-thriller starring Michael Jai White (Blood and Bone) and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin (The Expendables). The two action stars previously worked together in 2011′s Tactical Force.

According to Variety, White portrays a special operative who witnesses the brutal slaying of his brother right after returning home from his third tour of duty. He finds himself a target of a deadly conspiracy so vast that there’s no one to trust but himself.

Echo Effect is directed by Kevin Carraway (7 Below) and written by Lawrence Sara (Caged Animal). The film also stars Max Ryan (Rage) and Ashleigh Barnett also star.

http://www.cityonfire.com/michael-jai-white-and-stone-cold-steve-austin-collide-in-echo-effect/

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rather enjoyed Tactical Force. The story was nothig new but the fight scenes were good as I recall, I'll be interested to see this.

MV5BODgyMjM4MTc2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI5

I watched this a few weeks ago. It stars Michael Jai White as James Webster, an Army vet who has returned home and finds out his brother and best friend are murdered. He discovers a conspiracy that involves the U.S. government and in retaliation, the government hires a top assassin, played by Steve Austin, to snuff Webster. 

The story sounds interesting, but needed better execution. It seems Webster for most of the movie is trying to find out everything and gets into random fights against assassins. The action was surprisingly the highlight, especially when White unleashes his martial arts. The choreography was done by Alexander Hashioka-Oatfield, a member of the awesome LBP Stunts Chicago team (check out their stuff on Youtube). But, don't expect much from Steve Austin, which is sad. The usually tough guy who throws down is terribly wasted here. Yet I'll give Max Ryan some credit...he played quite a devious villain here.

I'd go with middle of the road...expect a boring story mixed in with some good fight scenes. 

Something about this was off. I think it was the way it was shot. It kind of wasn't movie quality like youtube reality TV kind of looking. I was just waiting for the action and hated the lack of a key fight

Well, for what the action was it was okay, yet it was done on the fly. I got that from a very, very reliable source. I didn't like that MJW spent most of the movie figuring out what was going on and even worse, Austin was wasted. I was hoping to at least him throw down against MJW even if it had been short, but that was sadly wasn't the case. 

Archived