Eliminators (2016) - Scott Adkins and WWE's Wade Barrett

AlbertV

WWE Films and Richwater Films are prepping up this new action film which will reunite Scott Adkins with the director of Green Street 3: Never Back Down director James Nunn.

A former US Federal Agent must abandon the witness protection program and come out of hiding when his London home is invaded in error due to a wrong address. When the event ends with multiple homicides, the news triggers those hunting him to send Europe's most dangerous assassin to kill him. Now on the run with his daughters life in jeopardy, a determined father must get her to safety before the people he's been hiding from tracks him down.

The WWE superstar that will appear in the film is Stuart Bennett, who is known in the squared circle as "Bad News" Barrett.

My guess is that Adkins will be shooting this after Undisputed IV. He had just wrapped filming on the third installment of the Jarhead action film series in Bulgaria.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12002137_892273454196671_229365742557496

The very busy Scott Adkins has already wrapped up his most recent film, entitled Eliminators. The film reunites Adkins with James Nunn, the director of Green Street Hooligans: Underground. The film is a co-production of Richwater Films and WWE Studios. On the far right in the photo is WWE superstar and 2015 King of the Ring, Wade Barrett. 

A former US Federal Agent must abandon the witness protection program and come out of hiding when his London home is invaded in error due to a wrong address. When the event ends with multiple homicides, the news triggers those hunting him to send Europe's most dangerous assassin to kill him. Now on the run with his daughters life in jeopardy, a determined father must get her to safety before the people he's been hiding from tracks him down.

The film co-stars Daniel Caltagirone and Mem Ferda. The film's action director is fan favorite Tim Man, who jumped on board with Adkins right after the duo completed work on the long awaited Undisputed IV

Production has just completed on the film for a 2016 release date. That will mean we will get to see Adkins in three films (so far) next year: Jarhead 3: The SiegeBoyka: Undisputed IV, and now Eliminators

• Administrator

Okay, so I watched this the day the Blu-ray was released... and it kicks ass!!!

Definitely worth purchasing. I expected impressive action (which this most definitely has), but was happily surprised that every other aspect of the production was so damn good. The acting and script were both way above average for a DTV action film. Solid in every way, with exciting fights, shootouts and chases throughout. Scott Adkins continues to be a shining example of what an action hero should be.

I will return to this thread later when I'm not so busy with more detailed opinions on the film. But for now, please don't illegally acquire this film- buy it and pay the filmmakers for all their hard work. The more we support these films by purchasing official releases, the more good action films will get made. We are helping the talented people that made this movie AND ourselves. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Glowing review from Zach over at cityonfire as well - 

http://cityonfire.com/eliminators-2016-review-scott-adkins-wade-barrett/

Did you see it yet?

@gorhama called me Friday to share his enthusiasm over it with me. I hope to hear more fans weighing in here on what they thought of it.

I was extremely surprised by this. Normally these WWF/WWE (whatever) movies tend to be on the "cheesy" side. This had some good action, a lot more brutal than expected. It's awesome when an under the radar movie, comes out and blows most people away. Deff worth a purchase

Another great addition to Scott Adkins library of kick ass films!! Great cat and mouse story that featured great acting and amazing action!!

The villains were and of course our hero proves once again why he is one of the best actors in the fight film game. 

ShaOW!linDude

I liked Hard Target 2 for what it was, but it certainly needed a touch more of Adkins' MA skills and opponents worthy of his displaying them, such as this film provided. Like @KCN9NE, I always find the WWF/WWE-starring films to be quite ho hum. This one had my jaw dropping open and going, "Dude!"

Re-watched this movie recently, and wrote down a few thoughts about the movie.

Just click on the link below, to access my ramblings on this one, thank you.

eliminators.jpg

30 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I've just ordered the Blu Ray. It better be good or I'll be knocking on all of your doors!

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on this one dude, hope we havent hyped it up that much, it doesnt meet your expectations.

Not sure who designed the poster I used in my earlier post, but Adkins character never uses that gun. Also there's no helicoptors, let alone a helicopter with three guys hanging off it?. They even put a random helicoptor on the R2 U.K DVD/Blu-Ray release.

One Armed Boxer
52 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Also there's no helicoptors, let alone a helicopter with three guys hanging off it?. They even put a random helicoptor on the R2 U.K DVD/Blu-Ray release.

Apparently Scott Adkins goes well with random helicopters - 

1243649_full.jpg

On 12/22/2016 at 5:08 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

I liked Hard Target 2 for what it was, but it certainly needed a touch more of Adkins' MA skills and opponents worthy of his displaying them, such as this film provided. Like @KCN9NE, I always find the WWF/WWE-starring films to be quite ho hum. This one had my jaw dropping open and going, "Dude!"

This could explain why Nunn was hired to direct both The Marine 5: Battleground and the upcoming The Marine 6: Close Quarters with Tim Man doing the action for the latter.

ShaOW!linDude
59 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

This could explain why Nunn was hired to direct both The Marine 5: Battleground and the upcoming The Marine 6: Close Quarters with Tim Man doing the action for the latter.

They should let him star in them.

12 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

They should let him star in them.

And have the WWE stars play bad guys. Then again, The Marine 4-6 did that as well. 

16 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Apparently Scott Adkins goes well with random helicopters - 

No DTV action movie cover is complete without the random helicopters, a lot of designers seem to think the more the better.

After watching the solid but disappointing “Accident Man”, I decided to throw this in the Blu Ray player and give it a go. Man, was I surprised!! This film is great. Like, really great.

The plot is nothing we haven’t seen before but the gunplay and martial arts action on display are super enjoyable. I love the combination of Adkins’ stylish kicks against Wade Barrett’s wrestling-style moves. It makes for some great showdowns. Every little stand-off is great. Even the short exchange on the cable car between Adkins and two thugs.

Thorougly enjoyable. I wasn’t expecting this at all. I’m impressed.

On 10/02/2018 at 4:28 AM, Drunken Monk said:

Thorougly enjoyable. I wasn’t expecting this at all. I’m impressed.

Glad to hear you enjoyed @Drunken Monk, I was just expecting the usual WWE studios approach to DTV.

Archived