For The Old School Fans...

SteyrAUG

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing all those old ads really takes me back. I remember as an 10 year-old trying to save up for a pair of nunchukus and some ninja stars! :laugh

I especially loved those AWMA ads, as they were always in color and had the choice stuff. I also remember digging through the ads for kung fu videos for sale from places like Dragon Video and the like, begging my mom and dad to buy them for me...

I guess selling the protective cup with nunchakus was a great idea lol

I can imagine they were coupled together quite quickly.

SteyrAUG, thanks for posting these. Though I wasn't around to see these in their heyday, they remind me a little of the ads you'd get in comic books, albeit with a martial arts focus.

Kokuryuha, now that's one I've seen before. Count Dante, now there's a character.

I can imagine they were coupled together quite quickly.

SteyrAUG, thanks for posting these. Though I wasn't around to see these in their heyday, they remind me a little of the ads you'd get in comic books, albeit with a martial arts focus.

Kokuryuha, now that's one I've seen before. Count Dante, now there's a character.

Actually Dante, real name John Keehan, was a serious POS who actually got people injured and killed with his stupidity.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=866188076795338&id=523048834442599

Secret Executioner

Nice stuff there - wonder how it would work though since (IIRC) nunchucks are prohibited in some states. 

Actually Dante, real name John Keehan, was a serious POS who actually got people injured and killed with his stupidity.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=866188076795338&id=523048834442599

Didn't know it was that deep, but yeah, that's kind of what I meant by 'character'. The less people like him involved in martial arts circles the better. With the internet you'd think it'd be easy to flush out idiots like that but they're around.

Didn't know it was that deep, but yeah, that's kind of what I meant by 'character'. The less people like him involved in martial arts circles the better. With the internet you'd think it'd be easy to flush out idiots like that but they're around.

The world's deadliest hair stylist hasn't been a problem for awhile. Keehan died in his sleep of internal hemorrhaging caused by a bleeding ulcer, on May 25, 1975

Archived