A Touch of Zen at the 2015 New York Film Festival

panku

Just saw that the restored transfer of A Touch of Zen is playing October 5 at 9pm at the Walter Reed Theater in New York as part of the NYFF. The reviews of it have been very good so far. Eureka has just released Dragon Inn on Blu/DVD so I guess we will be seeing Zen on home video relatively soon.

http://www.filmlinc.org/nyff2015/films/a-touch-of-zen/

A side by side comparison of the restoration by the Taiwan Film Institute:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Eureka apparently has not released their DRAGON INN blu ray just yet... it was pushed back to the end of October! Hope it does emerge then...

It is coming in October definitely, should be getting the review disc soon. They also have the right to A Touch of Zen and plan to release it first half of 2016 on DVD / Blu ray.

Just saw that the restored transfer of A Touch of Zen is playing October 5 at 9pm at the Walter Reed Theater in New York as part of the NYFF. The reviews of it have been very good so far. Eureka has just released Dragon Inn on Blu/DVD so I guess we will be seeing Zen on home video relatively soon.

http://www.filmlinc.org/nyff2015/films/a-touch-of-zen/

A side by side comparison of the restoration by the Taiwan Film Institute:

One of the first films I tried to get was A Touch of Zen I found a nice copy by Hoker. It is letter boxed and region 3 not a bad transfer and it's in a slip case. I do have a copy of the Dragon Inn also. Do you like the way that the old films have been transferred to Blueray? I haven't seen any in that format yet.

Ohh it's playing there on October 5th I may try to go and see it. Thank's for the heads up. We don't have the screenings here in Jersey or Philly so I always forget to look at NY!

Archived