Lau Kar-leung's Troupe

teako170

Mark Houghton shared this photo on his FB page recently. Mark is a student of the late LKL and good friend to the Lau family. This photo shows the members of the LKL troupe (circa early 80s). Many choreographers had their own troupes back in the day; Sammo, Tong Kai, Jackie, Yuen's, etc.  With the assistance of my translator, I was able to identify most in the photo. Please feel free to add or correct....

Back row (l-r)
 1  朱鐵和   Chu Tieh-Ho

2  廖學明妻

3  廖學明   Liu Hok-Ming

4  司機

5  張展鵬  Cheung Chin-Pang

6  楊細鈞(阿細)  Yeung Sai-Gwan

7  羅拔  Robert Chan Law-Bat

Middle row (l-r)

8  unknown female

9  李擎柱  King Lee King-Chu

10  unknown female

11  張永漢  Cheung Wing-Hon

12  朱仔

13  小侯  Hsiao Ho

14  朱德惠(貓仔)  Chu De-Wei

15  林克明  Lam Hak-Ming

16  祁浩釗(祁祁)  Kei Ho-Chiu

17  阿南

18  unknown female

front row seated (l-r)

19  神仙

20  劉家輝  Lau Kar-Fei

21  劉家威  Lau Kar-Leung

22  劉家榮  Lau Kar-Wing

23  惠英紅  Kara Hui

24  楊菁菁  Yeung Jing-Jing

trop.thumb.jpg.714f7ed41d2cd12e0b42944a9

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Oh wow. Thanks for sharing that Teako. What a great image. 

Sounds like the book is coming right along. 

Not the troupe but a very cool ensemble pic nonetheless. Circa late 80s or early 90s.

From left to right ... Lau Kar-wing, Yuen Biao (?), Tong Gai, Lau Kar-leung, Sammo Hung Kam-Bo, Karl Maka, ? and ? 

The last two look familiar but I just can't place them. Anyone?

lkl.thumb.jpg.0b630388abe8d5d55de78b3f66

Not the troupe but a very cool ensemble pic nonetheless.Circa late 80s or early 90s.

From left to right ... Lau Kar-wing, Yuen Biao (?), Tong Gai, Lau Kar-leung, Sammo Hung Kam-Bo, Karl Maka, ? and ? 

The last two look familiar but I just can't place them. Anyone?

lkl.thumb.jpg.0b630388abe8d5d55de78b3f66

I can assist you with the latter...that gentleman is none other than the late great Blacky Ko Sau Leung the greatest automotive stunt choreographer in Asia.

Here is some additional information on him courtesy of the Hong Kong database...

Blacky Ko Sau Leung aka  Blacky Shou Liang Ko

Died on December 9, 2003 at the age of 50 after suffering a heart attack in Shanghai, China.

Born in 1953 in Ningbo, Zhejiang (East China), he left his studies before finishing middle school in 1966 to dedicate to fishing. In 1969 his family moved to Taipei. Then he decided enrolling in a filming company as stuntman. After 10 years doing stunts and little roles in movies, Ko attracted the attention of producer Karl Maka, who hired him as performer of motorcycle and car stunts of "Aces Go Places" in 1982. His work in this movie made him a very famous stuntman, so he participated in several sequels of the movie and other movie hits. At the same time Ko began to perform record-breaking jumps: in 1992 he jumped 38 meters over the Great Wall on his motorcycle, and in 1997 he jumped 55 meters over Hukou Waterfall on the Yellow River in a car, so he obtained the title of "Asian Flier No. 1".

Although I like to present either factual information or the closest thing to it,I'll take a longshot and guess that the chap adjacent to my man Black Ko is probably Tsui Siu Ming the baby brother of Tsui Siu Keung aka Norman Chu.I'm not certain but it favours him.Let me know if I'm mistaken.

Archived