Jet Li

Dravenbran

Jet Li ran into Chingmy Yau when the two were in Paris. Both of their elder daughters dressed up for the annual Le Bal des Debutantes. The duo worked together 25 years ago on Kung Fu Cult Master.

9b0185d7a4a20b7d78526ed78c97ca7a.jpg

Jet Li and daughter Jada with Chingmy Yau and her younger daughter.

9b017befd6ba04ee4340ddfcd546094e.jpg

Jet Li with daughters Jada and Jane

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
43 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Random gossip question: Why did Jet Li's first marriage end? 

Have you seen the tits on Nina Li?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Have you seen the tits on Nina Li?

I do recall reading an interview where he mentions that he fell in love with Nina Li on the set of Dragon Fight (1987), but that he said that if they still loved each other in 10 years, they'd get married. I wonder if he was knockin' boots with her in the down time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrNgor said:

Random gossip question: Why did Jet Li's first marriage end? 

Jet admitted that his first marriage was more of a marriage of convenience and not out of love, because quite frankly, he didn't know what love was at the time. He was poor at the time and Huang Qiuyan came from a rich family so it was basically Huang supporting Li and yes they had two daughters. When Li met Nina on Dragon Fight, he and Huang amicably decided to end the marriage as Li fell in actual love with Nina. He even gave a majority of his shares and assets to Huang as part of the divorce but Huang remained friends not only with Jet, but was and apparently still is close to Jet's mother. As a matter of fact, their split was so amicable that Jet gave Huang $50,000 US as a wedding gift for Huang and her second husband in 2005. Even though they don't appear much in the spotlight like Jane and Jada, Jet does keep a close relationship with his daughters with Huang, Taimi Li and Si Li.

https://www.8days.sg/sceneandheard/entertainment/here-is-what-jet-li-s-four-elusive-daughters-look-like-11072244

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/jet-li-and-ex-wife-huang-qiuyans-20-year-relationship/

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

Apparently, the brutal treatment of Nina in TIGER ON THE BEAT was a crowd pleaser in HK.

Makes me wonder if that sort of thing, plus her constant objectification in movies, made her more than willing to retire to get married.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

The Big Jet Li Intervie by Martha Burr

Link- http://www.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=143

Last spring I visited Jet Li on the set of The One. They were shooting nights, in an old abandoned factory south of Los Angeles. Rusty water dripped, paint was peeling off the ancient pipes. I even had to wear a hardhat. Not a good hair day. When I came in Jet and Corey Yuen, his action choreographer, and a handful of other Hong Kong stuntmen, were busy blocking out a complex wirework stunt. After many long hours of grueling work, Jet sat down in his trailer with his usual smile and enthusiasm to discuss the movie. I also caught up with him later at the Four Seasons Hotel to discuss his summer film, Kiss of the Dragon.

Image source- https://www.wickedhorror.com/horror-reviews/kiss-of-the-dragon-retrospective/

Jet-Li-Kiss-of-the-Dragon.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

I've come across a number of posts both here and on Facebook in which people bash Jet Li because he uses doubles. Is there some sort of anti-Jet Li backlash movement I don't know about, or are people being typical negative Internet Debbie Downers?

I know that he was doubled for much of the final fight in Once Upon a Time in China because of a broken ankle. I know he's used a double in his movies, usually Deedee Ku Huen-Chiu and Xiong Xin Xin. I generally assumed it was for the stunts and not necessarily the fighting. 

I also know that he's gotten himself injured for our entertainment and doesn't have the Peking Opera Training that was idea for so many of those guys to become stuntmen.

So what's with all the negativity?

• Like 5

Drunken Monk
3 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

I've come across a number of posts both here and on Facebook in which people bash Jet Li because he uses doubles. Is there some sort of anti-Jet Li backlash movement I don't know about, or are people being typical negative Internet Debbie Downers?

I know that he was doubled for much of the final fight in Once Upon a Time in China because of a broken ankle. I know he's used a double in his movies, usually Deedee Ku Huen-Chiu and Xiong Xin Xin. I generally assumed it was for the stunts and not necessarily the fighting. 

I also know that he's gotten himself injured for our entertainment and doesn't have the Peking Opera Training that was idea for so many of those guys to become stuntmen.

So what's with all the negativity?

I think it's because people want kung fu stars to be "kung fu perfection." They want them to be grandmasters in certainly styles (I've had arguments online with people claiming Jackie is a "Grandmaster"), flawless stunt people and whatever else makes up that image. People put Jackie on a pedestal because of his stunts and so Jet Li is immediately seen as less because he doesn't do his own stunts. It's pretty silly.

• Like 6

Yuen Woo-ping on Jet Li

Working with Jet Li in films like Tai Chi Master (1994) was all about capturing the star’s power, Yuen says.

“I always knew what Li could do well, and I captured that,” he says, jokingly, adding that Li’s Cantonese has improved a lot since they first met. “He was a five-time champion of the National Wushu Awards [in China], so you can imagine how capable he is.

“For example, I was filming a shot that was just one kick to the stuntman,” Yuen continues. “Li is so strong that the first time he kicked, the number one stuntman had to go straight to hospital. Second try – and the number two stuntman had to go straight to the hospital, too. We decided that we had to change the protective gear after that, and that worked.”

But Li was still too powerful for the cameras, Yuen says, offering perhaps the ultimate accolade to the star. “Li had so much power in his kick that we didn’t manage to capture the full force of it on film. He has the power of 
  • Like 3