Battles Without Honor and Humanity: The Complete Collection boxset

OpiumKungFuCracker

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see this set coming. Very good films, although what would really make me excited was if Arrow put out stuff we haven't already seen and bought on BD. For example, many of Sonny Chiba's best films remain unavailable (Wolfguy: Enraged Lycanthrope, Army Intelligence 33) as well as many interesting ones I never saw (Yakuza Wolf, Narcotics/Prostitution G-Men etc.)

Pre-ordered mine, as well. I've never seen them, but Fukasaku was brilliant, so I think I'll be okay.

Oh man your in for a treat! I'm afraid the blu's might look to good for these movies.

This is so on my wish list! Now I need someone to buy my hve box set.

Tha's exactly what I was thinking when I saw this going up on pre-sale on Amazon - who's gonna buy that friggin HVE box set of mine (the one in the tin-box!), that I shelled out 100 bucks for three or four years ago...? But this BD six-pack (plus a book!) of one of the most thrilling film series ever made for a mere 72 quid, that's an irrisistable offer!

Tha's exactly what I was thinking when I saw this going up on pre-sale on Amazon - who's gonna buy that friggin HVE box set of mine (the one in the tin-box!), that I shelled out 100 bucks for three or four years ago...? But this BD six-pack (plus a book!) of one of the most thrilling film series ever made for a mere 72 quid, that's an irrisistable offer!

I concur. I still need to pickup their Stray Cat Rock BD/DVD box set. I will put my HVE box set up on eBay in a few days, hopefully I can get at least $50.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Well, this beauty just arrived on shores today and let me tell yah... It is the best purchase I've made on a bluray/dvd purchase. It is simply glorious. 

12321466_1694763080744073_68143458743752

OpiumKungFuCracker

By the way, bravo to the editorial and staff at City on Fire for keeping Asian cinema relevant and on the front page in the heart of film genre lovers. Can I make love to you guys? @mpm74, don't pass on this ass honey!:bs_winkinggal:

By the way, bravo to the editorial and staff at City on Fire for keeping Asian cinema relevant and on the front page in the heart of film genre lovers. Can I make love to you guys? @mpm74, don't pass on this ass honey!:bs_winkinggal:

Thanks Cracker!

COF definitely has a strong team (Kyle, @One Armed Boxer, Two Zack(h)s, JJ, etc). Very fortunate to share a project with people who share the same passion. And by passion, I mean sex.

Thanks Cracker!

COF definitely has a strong team (Kyle, @One Armed Boxer, Two Zack(h)s, JJ, etc). Very fortunate to share a project with people who share the same passion. And by passion, I mean sex.

May I have sloppy seconds?

Oh baby. Just got my set and it's a thing of beauty. Hopefully this will expose Kinji Fukasaku to the hearts of many.

Now, can Arrow release the three New Battles Without Honor films? I've been waiting to throw away my bootlegs for years. Hope this sells.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Part's 2 and 4 might be my favorite of the series. Now onto Final Episode. My favorite written dialogue from part 4 and it pretty much sums up the series and also politics in general: 

When you're a yakuza, only the boss gets the perks. Even in war, they don't lift a finger. The grunts do all the dirty work.

Got mine on sale at the Newbury Comics in my local mall for $85.00 and it's a great set.  My favorite of the series is 2 and 3.  I thought the weakest one was Final Episode.  I love Sonny Chiba's character in part 2.

Review for Battles Without Honor and Humanity Vol. 5: Final Episode (1974) is now available.

http://www.cityonfire.com/battles-without-honor-and-humanity-vol-5-final-episode-1974-review/

BWOH05.png

Thanks for the reviews, I'm thinking I'll have to pick this up, I guess my hve will make a good gift. Looks like I'll be dropping some serious cheese this year on all of these great Japanese releases.

Anyone have the "new" Yakuza movies they like to make a deal on? I'm not going to hold my breath on anyone releasing them anytime soon so I might as well go with the fansubbed ones for now.

Archived