What's your style? (Which martial arts do you study?)

Chinatown Kid

I took Chinesse Kenpo several years ago... Only made it to Blue belt...

Lately, I've been really wanting to get into another hobby and into better shape, so I've really been considering getting back into something...

I'm considering getting into Ninjutsu... There is only one place around here that teaches it that seems on the up and up... http://www.mbdojo.com/

I took Chinesse Kenpo several years ago... Only made it to Blue belt...

Lately, I've been really wanting to get into another hobby and into better shape, so I've really been considering getting back into something...

I'm considering getting into Ninjutsu... There is only one place around here that teaches it that seems on the up and up... http://www.mbdojo.com/

Why Ninjitsu? Do you mean Taijitsu?

Why Ninjitsu? Do you mean Taijitsu?

1st, because it has always fasinated me and I've always wanted to learn more about it...

2nd there are only so many martial arts around here to choose from (slim pickins) and thats one of the ones I'd be interested in....

Why not Ninjutsu, is my question??? It seems as good and interesting as any...

Taijitsu, is but one small part of Ninjutsu... There are many other areas of study...

Here is a link to a page that details what all is involved or taught at the school I'm looking at...

http://www.mbdojo.com/intro.html

This is a clip from a tournament I was in this last May. We're really trying to keep things as historically accurate as possible, while still maintaining a reasonable safety factor. This was the inaugural tournament for the league. This competition was just the students of our teacher, and we mainly study swordsmanship from Yang Taijiquan, but in upcoming competitions the plan is to allow anybody to compete.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6577722056620898991

This is a clip from a tournament I was in this last May. We're really trying to keep things as historically accurate as possible, while still maintaining a reasonable safety factor. This was the inaugural tournament for the league. This competition was just the students of our teacher, and we mainly study swordsmanship from Yang Taijiquan, but in upcoming competitions the plan is to allow anybody to compete.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6577722056620898991

i don't care what ANYONE'S opinion is on the validity of this.....this just looks like a hell of alot of FUN! cool stuff

Hey there!

My style is capoeira and I'm new on this site. I've also dabbled in BJJ and aikido.

The next step for me in becoming a better fighter is to study boxing (or any kind of style that focuses on punching). Any suggestions?

• Administrator
Hey there!

My style is capoeira and I'm new on this site. I've also dabbled in BJJ and aikido.

The next step for me in becoming a better fighter is to study boxing (or any kind of style that focuses on punching). Any suggestions?

Welcome to the site! :D

I find western boxing to be a great compliment to a person's fighting/self defense skills.

I train Taekwondo, currently I have 1st Gup. Before I have also trained Wushu but I changed to Taekwondo. It's a great mixture between martial art and sport.

We just had a seminar with the dutch world champion Henk Meijer this weekend, really brought our sparring to another level! :) But still, I like Poomsae the best!

I've settled into Taekwondo over the last 2 months or so. I'm not the most fit person in the world and was hesitant to get into it thinking about other possibilities more suitable to me like Wing Chun, but aside from a lack of good training schools near my area, I'm training with a Korean black belt who is very patient, easygoing and sincere, and suits the training for me considering my bad back.

GungFuFighter

I'm a green sash in Shaolin Kung Fu. In the past I've studied Muay Thai, BJJ, JKD, and others. The style I study is a mix of Longfist, Mei Hua (Plum Style), and 5 Animals. It's awesome. I'm also an amateur MMA fighter.

butcher wing

kung fu movies really got me into martial arts especially kung fu. I told watch and collect (boast over 600 flix) to keep me inspired and motivated. I myself have been practicing sum nung wing chun kuen for seven years, and later will learn yang style tai chi chuan.

Guest Yi-Long
I've never heard of that style before. I will have to research it.:nerd:

It has many followers around the world, and it can be lethal to millions with just one hand.

Guest Yi-Long
I've never heard of that style before. I will have to research it.:nerd:

Be sure to google for french sifu* Bation. He's awesome.

(*= aka 'master')

Yeah I like the sound of it i might try to find a school local to me.

I have studied:

Wushu(10yrs)

Kickboxing(2yrs)

Taekwondo(1yr)

Kali(3yrs)

Jeet Kune Do(12 yrs)

Growing up in a family of Martial Artists helped alot:xd:

crazedjustice888

Well, I do two main style now, while dabbling in three others along the way.

My two main are:

Hung Gar

Hop Gar

The three I dabble in because of sifus choice:

Choy Lee Fut

Shui Jiao (sp?)

Tai Chi

So yeah...lol

I formally practiced Tang Soo Do for a few years, but most of my life I've been using my own style. Here's a video I posted not too long ago.

ShaOW!linDude

I studied Northern Shaolin Kung Fu (Blue Dragon lineage) for about 8 years along with Chen style Tai Chi from '94 - '02.

Got exposed to Hsing-I, Ba Gua or Pa Kua ("circle walking", depending on your preference of spelling and pronunciation), Water-Boxing, some Animal styles, a little bit of apparatus, and loads of Chi Gung.