Bruce Lee's The Big Boss (Appreciation Thread)

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

DragonClaws

One of Mi's gang, played by a leery looking Peter Chan-Lung, trys to sneek up on Cheng-Chiu-On.

COVER-.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

* Fist Of Fury Betamax Not Vhs 1971 Martial Arts Action Beta Bruce Lee Intervid on 2040-motos

US $6.49

Link- http://www.2040-motos.com/Beta/All/-fist-of-fury-betamax-not-vhs-1972-martial-arts-action-beta-bruce-lee-intervid-428115/

001.jpg

003.jpg

This Betmax release of Fists of Fury(1972), features a variation of 1970's U.S promotional art-work for The Big Boss.

001.jpg

004.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

DragonClaws

The Big Boss(Fists of Fury) promtoional art-work, get's used for this Chinese Connection(Fist of Fury) Video release. Confusion between the two movies continues to this day. Thanks to the alternative titles being mix-up, before their original run in U.S cinemas.

TheBigBoss11.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

DragonClaws

Tony Liu, Han Ying-Chieh and Bruce Lee at the Pak Chong ice factory.

TheBigBoss12.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 12:28 PM, DragonClaws said:

Is it his real voice or his real voice is the one in the Mandarin versions of his movies ?

• Like 2

On 7/7/2019 at 11:25 PM, DragonClaws said:

127109_0.jpg

Does anyone know if there has been a graphological study of Bruce's writing ?

It would have been interesting to see if the interpretation of his way of writing matched what is known of his character in real life...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Is it his real voice or his real voice is the one in the Mandarin versions of his movies ?

As far as I know his real voice only appears in ETD. Though he did dub some of the thugs voices, in WOTD. It's not his voice being used for those character's, in the English dubbed versions though.

Does anyone know if there has been a graphological study of Bruce's writing ?

There may have been, many parts of his life have been studied by academics etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

As far as I know his real voice only appears in ETD. Though he did dub some of the thugs voices, in WOTD. It's not his voice being used for those character's, in the English dubbed versions though. 

Thanks for the precision.

I guess that ETD is Enter the dragon and WOTD is The way of the dragon, right ?

Question : are there different music themes according to the different releases of Big boss ? When I watched it recently, it seemed to me that the music was different that the one I remembered from my first viewing many years ago on my French VHS or on TV...

• Like 2

Question : are there different music themes according to the different releases of Big boss ? When I watched it recently, it seemed to me that the music was different that the one I remembered from my first viewing many years ago on my French VHS or on TV...

There are different soundtracks for the film, here's a post I made about the re-scored German version. Some prints even sample Pink Floyd's music. There are other members on the forum, who know a lot more about the soundtraks and the many variations of them. Their was also an old rejected English dub, which only appears in trailers for the film.

I guess that ETD is Enter the dragon and WOTD is The way of the dragon, right ?

That's right.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor

Big Boss history (all dubs are on the Shout Factory Blu-ray to a certain extent)

1971 Mandarin version with music by Wang Fu-Liang

1971 English dub with music by Wang Fu-Liang

1973 New English dub with music by Peter Thomas (released in the US and UK)

1974 Japanese version - new English dub with extra music by Joseph Koo

1980s Cantonese version - new music score, including some of the Joseph Koo composttions

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

There are different soundtracks for the film, here's a post I made about the re-scored German version. Some prints even sample Pink Floyd's music. There are other members on the forum, who know a lot more about the soundtraks and the many variations of them. Their was also an old rejected English dub, which only appears in trailers for the film.

Thanks for that. I prefer by far Joseph Koo's version, and with a song, it's even better. The Peter Thomas' theme doesn't fit at all the movie, in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Killer Meteor said:

Big Boss history (all dubs are on the Shout Factory Blu-ray to a certain extent)

1971 Mandarin version with music by Wang Fu-Liang

1971 English dub with music by Wang Fu-Liang

1973 New English dub with music by Peter Thomas (released in the US and UK)

1974 Japanese version - new English dub with extra music by Joseph Koo

1980s Cantonese version - new music score, including some of the Joseph Koo composttions

Thank you very much for these interesting precisions.

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 2

Thanks for that. I prefer by far Joseph Koo's version, and with a song, it's even better. The Peter Thomas' theme doesn't fit at all the movie, in my opinion.

I don't mind either score to be honest, I still think John Barry's Game of Death score is the best BL motion picture soundtrack.

• Like 2