Bruce Lee's The Big Boss (Appreciation Thread)

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

9 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Is that Lo Wei?

Looks a bit like him, similar age and build, but I dont think it's the second director.

Looks like the image was taken in the ground of the Pak Chong ice factory, maybe its site manager?.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
9 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Thats odd, they appear fine to me.

Csn you just post links that leads to the pics in question?

19 hours ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Csn you just post links that leads to the pics in question?

Thats what I did, 99% of the time the images show up, sometime they just show up as TxT link.

They show ok for me,there nothing rare, just some lobby cards, with the usual images/promo shots. The colouring on them is interesting, so many of the old lobby cards for this film, vary in terms of the colour. Some have even been given brand new colourization, that even varys from the actual regular full colour photo's.

Edited by DragonClaws

16 hours ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Press book for the initial USA theatrical release of The Big Boss under the "Fists of Fury" title.

There's been some debate among fans, about Bruce Lee and Lee Marvin actually meeting. Yet this press booklet, mentions BL worked with him, for his role in the action classic, The Proffesionalls(1966).

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Is that your copy of the magazine @Fist of the Heavenly Sky?, I've still got that issue of IMPACT, lying around at my parents house. That article is still the definitive insight, into the longer version of the film.

I can only wish it were mine. I simply saved the images from an eBay sale.

I'm curious as to whether there are any more TBB related articles on IMPACT mag, now that you mention it.

6 hours ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

I'm curious as to whether there are any more TBB related articles on IMPACT mag, now that you mention it.

I dont own every issue of the magazine, but I never came across an in depth article like that, in any of the other issues I bought. There were other reviews/articles about the film, but they were not purely about the extended print.

A larger colour version, of an image posted earlier in the thread, from the Hong Kong section of The Big Boss shoot(Pick up shots)

KFMUS-12%20Cov.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not sure if the item on the right is a fan-made image?, or an old promotional program, poster or book?.

(Image no longer available)

Bruce-Lee-In-The-Big-Boss-Jkd-Book.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1