Bruce Lee's The Big Boss (Appreciation Thread)

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
4 hours ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Moving on.....

One thing that I always found curious about Bruce Lee's main stock pic on Big Boss is that he has what appears to be one or two straight-line bruises on one of his shoulder areas. I find it particularly interesting because there's no part in the final fight that shows him receiving these wounds.

eVk0eVT.jpg

rh8c0U5.jpg

3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Is it from Mi's iron like grip on Cheng shoulder? during one of the fights grappling moments.

Your post wouldbe euqlally suited to the Missing Bruce Lee Movie scenes thread.

14 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

If I didn't know any better that's a love bite Cheng got from the lady of his choice at the cathouse :tongueout

8 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Love bite? looks more like scratches, but there's a big possibility you are right dude. If he had passed on the brothel visit, maybe he would have beaten the Boss and his men much quicker?.

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

Looking on the moment that Cheng gets slashed in the eye by the Boss, you can notice the shoulder marks in question. You can tell they are definitely bruises of some sort.

OxUoexY.png

Edited by Fist of the Heavenly Sky
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

I think the marks on his shoulder are from when Mi tears of half of Cheng shirt. The poster art makes them looks like scratches or cuts, but there more like bruises.

die-todesfaust-des-cheng-li-mit-bruce-le

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
3 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I think the marks on his shoulder are from when Mi tears of half of Cheng shirt. The poster art makes them loos like scratches or cuts, but there more like bruises.

That could very well most likely be the case, but I think my other theory is a whole lot more fun, haha.

As for your other question, I think Cheng would've taken the same length of time to beat the Boss and his other henchmen had he skipped the brothel. Cheng wasn't of particularly sound mind after his family was brutally yanked away from him, so he would've still taken quite a beating on the hands of Mi. Had Chiao Mei not called the cops, he could've left the mansion fields without ever getting arrested.

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

@DragonClaws On the topic of the mansion fight, I recall that many years ago on IMDB it was said there was an alternate ending in which Cheng kills the boss, and just walks out of the mansion with the aid of another woman (who she was wasn't specified, but it could've been the 2nd lady of the night or one of Mi's concubines). No mention of Chiao Mei or the Policemen. 

DragonClaws
11 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

@DragonClaws On the topic of the mansion fight, I recall that many years ago on IMDB it was said there was an alternate ending in which Cheng kills the boss, and just walks out of the mansion with the aid of another woman (who she was wasn't specified, but it could've been the 2nd lady of the night or one of Mi's concubines). No mention of Chiao Mei or the Policemen. 

IMDB isnt always the best source when it comes to rumours like this one, unless their quoting a legit source. I tend to use the site just for latest movie news/trailers.

They filmed different endings for other Asian films, so its possible, but I wouldnt go around saying they did film this scene for TBB. We all know that they didnt like to see anyone getting away with murder on-screen in some Aian markets. Even if it was the hero dishing out the violence.

If Cheng hadnt go so bat shit crazy on Mi he could have escaped, but I dont think this was the message they wanted to put across at the time.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
On 3/13/2018 at 4:42 PM, DragonClaws said:

IMDB isnt always the best source when it comes to rumours like this one, unless their quoting a legit source. I tend to use the site just for latest movie news/trailers.

They filmed different endings for other Asian films, so its possible, but I wouldnt go around saying they did film this scene for TBB. We all know that they didnt like to see anyone getting away with murder on-screen in some Aian markets. Even if it was the hero dishing out the violence.

If Cheng hadnt go so bat shit crazy on Mi he could have escaped, but I dont think this was the message they wanted to put across at the time.

The IMDB portion has been long edited away, anyhow. I just thought it was a worthwhile mention to bring up, considering that someone went out of it's way to concoct it up.

• Like 2

82235869_o2.jpg?20141017203726

The Peter Thomas Soundtrack(Article)

Link- http://martialartsmusic.wikia.com/wiki/The_Big_Boss

Peter Thomas is a German composer/arranger. He was born in Breslau (Silesia) on 1 December 1925, and his active career spanned more than 50 years between 1955 and 2006.

He is known for his TV and film soundtracks (such as 'Raumpatrouille', the Edgar Wallace movies film series, and the Jerry Cotton film series). The restored Brandenburg Gate in Berlin was re-opened in 2002 with a live version of the main theme of the "Raumpatrouille"-soundtrack.[citation needed]

In his directorial debut, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002), actor George Clooney used three tracks of Peter Thomas' music originally composed for Edgar Wallace movies of the 1960s (in their original mono versions). The 1990s avant-garde band Mr. Bungle performed his piece "Love In Space" on several dates of their 1995/1996 tour for Disco Volante. UK Plunderphonics and avant-garde band, The Perrinormal, name Peter Thomas as one of their main influences, alongside John Barry and Lalo Schifrin.

For some of his exceptional scores Thomas used a self-developed musical instrument called "ThoWiephon", today being exhibited in the "Deutsche Museum" in Munich, standing near the famous Theremin, also being used in many movies.

From- Wikipedia

Don't quote me on this, but I think Thomas has been reluctant to talk about his BB score?. Anyone else heard this rumour?.

The veteran German composer.

peter-thomas-1-815x1024.jpg

• Like 1