Bruce Lee's The Big Boss (Appreciation Thread)

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

Stills and clips of The Big Boss.

What fascinates me about the making of this movie is that even though supposedly nobody predicted how successful it would be (therefore the deleted footage wasn't kept in safe storage), somebody clearly had the foresight to take as many photos as possible. Seriously, there are more photos of The Big Boss than many Kung Fu movies with established stars.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, starschwar said:

In the block of ice, positioned just above James Tien's head - is that the saw blade?

Nah just shading/shadows. It's a bit like people seeing Jesus in pieces of toast or even BL himself.

zP5DRmAzFeA49VcZpOIzuFiI8wb3iZ0U4ipdRLbu

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

starschwar
7 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Can't wait next Friday! 

I envy you.  I've never had a chance to see any of Bruce's movies on the big screen.  But to see something new in that format - for the last time - that's magical.  Make the most of it!

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

So I am just looking forward to 3 scenes in the new Arrow set.

1) James Tien's bleeding head after Tony Liu takes a blade to it. Hopefully they show the blood spurting out like a geyser.

2) Close up footage of the eerie looking bloody splattered head encased in ice as shown in the Super 8 trailer

3) Bruce Lee's last "fun time" with the second hooker where he leaves the money on her stomach before heading to the final showdown

any further close ups of Nora Miao at the drink stand is also greatly appreciated.

• Like 6

CastleOfDeath

I don't think the close-ups of Nora Miao will appear in the uncut version.

I think the shots from the trailers were from an early version of the stand scene, shot by the first director.

Though of course, it some more stuff appears, that will be a good surprise.

• Like 2

Josh Baker
6 hours ago, CastleOfDeath said:

I don't think the close-ups of Nora Miao will appear in the uncut version.

I think the shots from the trailers were from an early version of the stand scene, shot by the first director.

Though of course, it some more stuff appears, that will be a good surprise.

How much of the original director's stuff appears in Big Boss? About 20 percent?

Also there are several jump cuts in the end fight where Bruce takes out the the Big Boss' goons before the end battle, people are suddenly lying on the floor when Bruce hadn't fought them. Probably wishful thinking but do you think any small fight bits will turn up in the Mandarin version?

• Like 1

Coliseum1972

June 1973 : After FoF premiered in Italy in March it was now time for BB. Seems they got cold feet with the english title and thus it was retitled "Chinese fury strikes again" as FoF was released as "Chinese fury" 

(there were posters/bustas printed with english titles but theyre vhtf , a black snipe with italian title was glued onto the busta posters , in fact you can still see "Big Boss" in red printed underneath it) 

• Like 3