Chinatown (2013)

ShaOW!linDude

The translation is completed!

My two cents after watching this movie...

I am very impressed with these actors. They carry their roles very well, espectially the conversation. In the past, most or I would say almost every single movie that I've watched, VN actors/actresses READ their lines, not speak in a normal tone. Very annoying...

But, not in Bui Doi Cho Lon. I am so impressed with them even this might be their first role. Tai Nhot, the main villain, is so real. In my humble opinion, he stole the show. Lam, the younger brother, did a great job also. So is Hung Cho Lon. Sorry to say that all of these characters outshone Johnny Tri Nguyen.

I am truly sorry that this movie has been banned in VN and we would not be able to watch its director cut version. That's a risk of working with the Communist.

The translation is completed!

My two cents after watching this movie...

I am very impressed with these actors. They carry their roles very well, espectially the conversation. In the past, most or I would say almost every single movie that I've watched, VN actors/actresses READ their lines, not speak in a normal tone. Very annoying...

But, not in Bui Doi Cho Lon. I am so impressed with them even this might be their first role. Tai Nhot, the main villain, is so real. In my humble opinion, he stole the show. Lam, the younger brother, did a great job also. So is Hung Cho Lon. Sorry to say that all of these characters outshone Johnny Tri Nguyen.

I am truly sorry that this movie has been banned in VN and we would not be able to watch its director cut version. That's a risk of working with the Communist.

would you be able to send me a txt file of the subs plz?

would you be able to send me a txt file of the subs plz?

We are currently working on the subtitle syncing and will post it to this thread once completed.

Once again, it's amazing what members of this forum can do. My hat's off to everyone involved in putting time and energy into a project like this. And that goes for if I get to see it or not.

Thanks for this. Course, the real problem is the absence of sound effects.

Cheers! People keep posting this, but the version I've referenced has sound effects (sometimes lightly recorded) but they are there. There is also a visible watermark that details when it was leaked and by whom. It is later than the 4-1-2013 planned release date. Another reason I believe there is more than one edit out there.

There is no reason for people to buy this DVD - from ebay or traders. As the movie and subs are obviously free. Just wanted to clear that up. I recall To Kill A Mastermind was subbed here, only to be on ebay and sold by traders with that washed out Youku downloaded version.

Our hope is that this will lead to more discussions on the film now that we know the story! Also these subs will be updated when the uncut version is released. Vietnamese, Thailand and Japan never release their DVDs with english subtitles so we're ready for that as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM us.

OpiumKungFuCracker
There is no reason for people to buy this DVD - from ebay or traders. As the movie and subs are obviously free. Just wanted to clear that up. I recall To Kill A Mastermind was subbed here, only to be on ebay and sold by traders with that washed out Youku downloaded version.

Our hope is that this will lead to more discussions on the film now that we know the story! Also these subs will be updated when the uncut version is released. Vietnamese, Thailand and Japan never release their DVDs with english subtitles so we're ready for that as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM us.

What is your take on this? Do you think this is bootleg or actual Vietnamese release of the film with the sound intact?

http://www.minhtan.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=54315

What is your take on this? Do you think this is bootleg or actual Vietnamese release of the film with the sound intact?

http://www.minhtan.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=54315

I'm going to have to go with bootleg.

1. On their other pages, they don't have a section for "Subtitles:". On this one it says "None".

2. All Region / NTSC is an official bootleg stamp

3. US based manufacturer?

The only way for it to be an official cut of the film is if Johnny and company released one. From the facebook and recent news on this film, it's still a no go from Vietnam.

Again, why not get it on Netflix or something?

gwailosforever

Again, why not get it on Netflix or something?

Only a a Vietnamese film approved at home can be released internationally. Charlie and Johnny cannot release their version of the film ANYWHERE outside of Vietnam on any platform... well techincally they could but the Vietnamese government would come down on them hard. They would be banned from making movies at the very least. As they now live here, and have family and business interests in Vietnam they are not in a position to do this