UK Bruce Lee Blu-rays available in October!

mpm74

bruce.png

The Big Boss (1971) Blu-ray includes:

Audio Commentary with Hong Kong cinema expert Mike Leeder
Audio Commentary with Bruce Lee expert Andrew Staton and Will Johnston
Breaking the West Interview with co-producer of Enter the Dragon Tom Kuhn
The History of The Big Boss: A photographic retrospective
Original 35mm Title sequence
Textless 35mm Title sequence
Rare uncut 8mm trailer
Promotional Gallery
Deleted Scenes Examined
Hong Kong promotional trailer
Original Theatrical Trailer
24-page collector's booklet
Reversible sleeve within newly commissioned artwork

Fist of Fury (1972)

Audio commentary with Hong Kong cinema expert Mike Leeder
Audio commentary from Asian film expert Bey Logan
The First Lady: an interview with Nora Miao
Blade of Fury: an interview with Riki Hashimoto
Master of Bushido: an interview with Jun Katsumura
The Fist of Fury location guide with Bey Logan
First Amongst Equals: an interview with Dan Inosanto
Legacy of a Master: an interview with acclaimed action-director, Jeff Imada
Tracking the Dragon: an interview with Bruce Lee's photographer Linda Palmer
Friend to the Stars: an interview with Bruce Lee confidante, Joe Torreneuva
Trailer gallery
Rare photo archive
24- page collector's booklet
Reversible sleeve within newly commissioned artwork

Way of the Dragon (1972) Blu-ray includes:

Introduction: Robert Lee
Introduction: Bey Logan
Audio Commentary with Hong Kong cinema expert Mike Leeder
Audio Commentary by Bey Logan and co-star Jon Benn
A Dragon Remembered: Interview with Bruce Lee's brother Robert Lee
Double Edged Sword: An exclusive interview with Bob Wall
Bruce Lee Trailer Archive including rare UK theatrical trailers and TV spots
Interviews with production managers Chaplin Chang and Louis Sit
Memories of the Master featurette: Interview with Pat Johnson
Dragon Rising: a re-mastered transfer of Bruce Lee's only remaining screen test
Artist and Warrior: An exclusive interview with co-star Tony Lau Wing
Warrior Immortal featurette with co-star Wong In-sik
Reflections on the The Little Dragon Promo
Production Photo Gallery
Rare Photo Archive
24 page Collectors booklet
Reversible sleeve with newly commissioned artwork

Game of Death (1978) Blu-ray includes:

Audio commentary with Hong Kong cinema expert Bey Logan
Audio Commentary With Hong Kong Film Expert Mike Leeder
Five deleted scenes, including alternate title sequence and extended ending
Production photo gallery
Rare archive photo gallery
Original UK and Cantonese Theatrical Trailers
Featurette: Dan Inosanto - Warrior And Teacher
Dan Inosanto Jeet Kune Do and other Asian methods of fighting seminar (40mins)
Featurette: Taky Kimura - Keeping The Flame Alive
Featurette: George Lazenby - Reflections of the Master
Game of Death outtake footage
Legacy of the Dragon documentary (46 mins)
Game of Death re-visited (40 minutes of footage edited as Lee's original plan)
24 page collector's booklet
Reversible sleeve with newly commissioned artwork

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first post. Yay me!

Except for the Mike Leeder commentary (which might be from the Shout version), the new booklet and Artwork, the rest is lifted from the Hong Kong Legends Platinum Edition dvds.  This company (Mediumrare) did the same with Riki-Oh.

I'm tempted (I live in the UK) by the artwork, but I feel strangely disloyal replacing my HKL dvds.  The special features are all excellent.  Game of Death has the 1973 and 1978 versions included.

**Nice to be back, huge thanks to everyone involved in saving the forum**:smile

I wasn't keen on the covers either at first but I think i'll still pick them up, the HKL special features on these are really worth a watch and as I didn't get the platinum HKL versions of Big Boss or Fist of Fury there's enough extra on them to upgrade my old HKL dvds. I know this is the Bruce Lee section but anybody know what special features are on the Legacy of Rage blu ray due in November.

Was the Andrew Stanton/Will Johnson audio commentary featured on The Big Boss disc on the Shout release?. I wonder why they only recorded a commentary track for BB?. Those guys used to run the Bruce Lee & Brandon Lee Association in the U.K, now long since defunct. The first Bruce Lee book I bought was written by them and available only through IMPACT magazine mail order service.

I'm not a fan of the cover art but they say the covers are reversible. Anyone know whats on the reverse side of the covers?.

HKL's original releases all had Bey Logan commentaries.  When they re-released them as 2 disc Platinum Editions, they replaced the commentary on Big Boss with the Andrew Staton/Will Johnson commentary.  Bey Logan then recorded a new commentary for the Fist of Fury Platinum Edition (I don't know why).

I don't know, but I would assume as they are using the Mike Leeder commentaries from Shout for these ones, they are likely to use Shout's Mike Leeder/Ronny Yu commentary on the Legacy of Rage release.

I did buy Mediumrare's Riki-Oh/Story of Ricky, the second cover was a Manga style picture, but I guess that doesn't really give any clues to these releases.

HKL's original releases all had Bey Logan commentaries.  When they re-released them as 2 disc Platinum Editions, they replaced the commentary on Big Boss with the Andrew Staton/Will Johnson commentary.  Bey Logan then recorded a new commentary for the Fist of Fury Platinum Edition (I don't know why).

I don't know, but I would assume as they are using the Mike Leeder commentaries from Shout for these ones, they are likely to use Shout's Mike Leeder/Ronny Yu commentary on the Legacy of Rage release.

I did buy Mediumrare's Riki-Oh/Story of Ricky, the second cover was a Manga style picture, but I guess that doesn't really give any clues to these releases.

Thanks for clearing up my audio commentary question. After picking up the first HKL Bruce Lee discs I didn't keep up to date with the re-issues much. These film's have been in constant circulation in the U.K all my life from VHS to DVD.

I think Fist of Fury was the first commentary that Bey Logan did for HKL and i'm sure I remember him saying that later on he felt he could have done a better one, so when the platinum edition came out he re-recorded it. Definitely looking forward to the Mike Leeder commentary and it'll be good to hear the differences between his and Beys.

Covers are terrible.

These i think will be ports of the Shout releases with added HK Legend extras.

The Lee films are currently getting a 4K restoration so i think i will hold out for those releases if they ever come.

If not i am happy with the Shout set i have.

Anybody picked these up yet? My copy of Fist of Fury has just come through the post, not watched it yet but the reversible cover looks great and there's a nice looking 24 page booklet included. As long as the print is good i'll pick up the others over the coming weeks, it's a shame they didn't do Game of Death 2 and Bruce the Legend though just to complete the set although I suppose they could release them in future.

Anybody picked these up yet? My copy of Fist of Fury has just come through the post, not watched it yet but the reversible cover looks great and there's a nice looking 24 page booklet included. As long as the print is good i'll pick up the others over the coming weeks, it's a shame they didn't do Game of Death 2 and Bruce the Legend though just to complete the set although I suppose they could release them in future.

Ill be interested to know how good the picture and sound quality is. Just too many films Ive not watched yet that I need to purchase before getting these. They may release the other titles you mentioned if these sell well enough. HKL released Tower Of Death, The Legend & Bruce Lee The Man The Legend after releasing his movies.

Ill be interested to know how good the picture and sound quality is. Just too many films Ive not watched yet that I need to purchase before getting these. They may release the other titles you mentioned if these sell well enough. HKL released Tower Of Death, The Legend & Bruce Lee The Man The Legend after releasing his movies.

Yeah I hope they do sell well just so they will carry on with these releases. Legacy of Rage is up next but I noticed Armour of God has been pushed back until March 2016.

Yeah I hope they do sell well just so they will carry on with these releases. Legacy of Rage is up next but I noticed Armour of God has been pushed back until March 2016.

I'll pick up Legacy Of Rage, its a title I had on VHS but never picked it up on DVD.

I received these through the other day. I've stuck with my HLKs till now, so these are my first Blu's of these particular films. I put Fist of Fury on for a bit and the picture quality looks very good from what I saw, but obviously it's going to be a step up from the DVDs and VHS I know from the past. I can't compare to other Blu Ray releases as I haven't seen them. Audio options for Cantonese, Mandarin and English.

For those that don't like the covers, they have reversible sleeves which has retro poster art on the other side. I just reversed all my sleeves around, happy days. Comes with a booklet that has original Chinese poster art and articles on the film, actors, director etc.

Archived