Samuari Resurrection?

Guest Shaking Mantis

Guest Shaking Mantis

I believe this is the title of the movie, my tattoo artist was telling me about a couple of months ago. It sounded interesting, but hte only thing I can remember about it is they were reborn through corpses does this sound familiar to anyone?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

This is a really good movie this is a remake of Sonny Chiba's movie, they are reborn after the kill there opponents and take over there identity.

Guest Daisho2004

I did a search for you on this movie the Original with Sonny Chiba, amazon.com has the best price for around $13.00

They also have the remake for about $17.00 I have the remake which was very good, I haven't picked up the one with Sonny Chiba yet but I intend to in the very near future.

Guest Kung Fu Zombie

For those unfamiliar with the 80's original, it's Fukasaku, director of Battle Royale and Yakuza Papers. I liked this best of the other 80's fantasy movies of his that I've seen. Legend of the Eight Samurai and Message from Space were kinda cheesy flat hero myths, but Samurai Reincarnation was more brutal and interesting.

liked it the first time around (7/10), couldnt believe myself after the rewatch.

score: 4.5/10.

jubei yagju is a wicked character, but all these makai flicks (i have 4 of em) have flaws; sometimes major, sometimes they re not that big an issue.

would only give a recommendation with reservations to die-hard fans of the subgenre (mythical fantasy ninja chambara), then again, i heard ppl with pretty much zero experience with jap cinema express their appreciation for makai tenshou (the 2003 remake) :x

Archived