Master of the Flying Guillotine: Discussion and Appreciation

Hei Meigui

Duel to the Death
On 2/7/2020 at 6:21 AM, Killer Meteor said:

Yes, I remember that Aus release. Was very disapointed!

The non-anamorphic release from Pathfinder ironically looks much better than their anamorphic re-release!

Oh no i bought the wrong version. I bout the 2 disc Deluxe Edition. And i gave away my dv-r copy of the Ultimate edition. I didn't find this thread until today. oops

• Like 1

So is the pathfinder release the “definitive edition” of this one at this point?

edit: Nevermind, $50, would not pay that much for an unremastered version of any movie (I assume that won’t ever exist for MotFG unfortunately.)

Edited by paimeifist
  • Like 1

shukocarl1441996347

A good version to get is the Spanish dvd under the "EL Luchador Manco 2"title (One Armed Fighter 2). It's the export version but with the opening theme replaced with one that's very similar to it. Picture / Sound very good.

The Ultimate Blu Ray set would be OAB (my favourite of the two) and MOTFG  but it would be a rights headache (Fortune Star and First Films). Failing that 2 feature filled Blu's with restored original and English tracks and re-done accurate subtitles.

Edited by shukocarl1441996347
  • Like 2

Iron Head Rat
On 10/21/2021 at 7:08 PM, Django said:

What dub of this film do you guys prefer? I prefer the Mandarin version. Kam Kong sounds so badass - even when he orders vegetable noodles!!

Love Kam Kong in Iron Monkey 1977. Proper Old Skool Flick.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Kam Kong is an unsung hero of kung fu cinema, he needs an 88 films 5 disc box set as a proper tribute to his greatness.

He certainly does I would be all in for that arrow films, eureka, 88 films can you hear our call or anyone come to think of that.

• Like 4

On 10/24/2021 at 9:05 AM, saltysam said:

Kam Kong is an unsung hero of kung fu cinema, he needs an 88 films 5 disc box set as a proper tribute to his greatness.

Never thought I'd live to see the day where I'd read something like this. But yeah, I like Kam Kong as well!

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

I spat out a lot of coffee when Mike Leeder misidentifed Lee Man-tai as Kam Kong on the Spiritual Kung Fu commentary. Kam Kong is like three feet taller!

• Like 3