What Is Your Favorite Female Cross Dressing Scene/Movie?

Hei Meigui

There are many films where a woman has to dress up as a male to get accomplished what she as to do. What is your favorite movie or scene depicting this?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember a lot of these scenes without really remembering the movie names..... but the one I remember clearly is Michelle Yeoh's Wing Chun !

One of the themes of the movies is that actually she dresses like a man, although she clearly is a woman.

Even Donnie Yen when he first encounters Michelle Yeoh, he gets his ass kicked by her and he still thinks she's a man.....

And I loved the whole misunderstanding about who is Yim Wing Chun......

And finally at the end of the movie

she dresses as a beautiful woman and kicks asses so badly, the bad guys end up calling her mom.... loved it....

Anyway, that would be one of my favorites Michelle Yeoh movies.....

• Administrator

Ah, Leung Tsan beat me to it! WING CHUN by far for me.

I also love Kara Hui's role in LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF KUNG FU (1982, HK, aka. Legendary Weapons of China; New Legendary Weapons of Kung Fu).

Probably the most famous, not to mention it has a great performance by Ivy Ling Po, was Lady General Hua Mu-lan.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
Ah, Leung Tsan beat me to it! WING CHUN by far for me.

I also love Kara Hui's role in LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF KUNG FU (1982, HK, aka. Legendary Weapons of China; New Legendary Weapons of Kung Fu).

I agree with both of those.

I really liked the actress Niu Niu(?) who pretended to be a boy in the first Brave Archer. She was very believable to me.

There was also a neat fake out (with a Mission Impossible-like mask) in The Roving Swordsman too. I do not know who played that part.

Worst:

any time Candy Wen pretended to be a man; but she could not fool Ti Lung. :tongueout

Probably the most famous, not to mention it has a great performance by Ivy Ling Po, was Lady General Hua Mu-lan.

I have a whole set of her classic operatic Shaw films where she always play the "male" role with Betty Loh Ti. They actually were a famous team with all of the movies they did in that vein.

I love the Wing Chun movies especially the one with Michelle Yeoh and Donnie Yen! It is so funny that Donnie gets so mad because he really can't tell she's a man!!

The butterfly Lovers (2008) was a good film after Charlene Choi's character stopped being so giggly and annoying. I really liked the movie after that. It was interesting that they had the male character questioning his sexuality because he was so attracted but was sure that she was a male.

What about The Swordsman series with Bridgette Lin and Jet Li. He falls in love with him because the character looks like a beautiful woman but he knows "she" is supposed to be a male.

If I remember right, only in her first fight after her training, Hsia Kwan-Li apparently is mistaken for a man in Woman Avenger and she reveals her true self to the constable. 

Now, if you want to talk reversal (man dressed as woman), nothing beats Bolo Yeung in Breathing Fire and Jackie Chan in  Project S (or Supercop 2).

Archived