Back To The Shadows - The Ninja Genre Appreciation Thread

DragonClaws

Ninja Knight:Thunder Fox

YCFM.jpg

I think this had the least amount of ninja footage of any Godfrey Ho ninja movie out of the ones I've seen so far.

• Like 2

On 14/10/2017 at 12:55 AM, HyperDrive said:

I think this had the least amount of ninja footage of any Godfrey Ho ninja movie out of the ones I've seen so far.

Does a shotgun wielding Mike Abbot make up for the lack of ninja's?,

NinjaKnightThunderfox.jpg

ninja-knight-1.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/15/2017 at 9:08 AM, DragonClaws said:

Does a shotgun wielding Mike Abbot make up for the lack of ninja's?,

Yeah the whole shotgun thing was crazy. It also helped that the original Taiwanese movie, Lover and Killer, was bizarre enough to where I'd like to see it in its original form.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HyperDrive said:

Yeah the whole shotgun thing was crazy. It also helped that the original Taiwanese movie, Lover and Killer, was bizarre enough to where I'd like to see it in its original form.

I guess IFD were a bit ninja-ed out by the time they made this one, thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Re-posting my old Enter The Ninja review from last year, for a weapons themed Monthly Mutual Reviews thread, sadly the thread was lost during the forum black-out.

Please click on the link below, for my ninja inspired ramblings, thank you.

ninja+1.jpg

Franco Nero talks his enemies, in a scene from Enter The Ninja.

Enter-the-Ninja-002.jpg

Hasegawa(Sho Kosugi) shows no mercy to his opponents.

• Like 1

The U.K channel CBS Action, seem to be having a Michael Dudikoff season at the moment. The will screening 80's action classic American Ninja tonight, at 9.00pm.

American_Ninja_1280x720.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

The U.K channel CBS Action, seem to be having a Michael Dudikoff season at the moment. The will screening 80's action classic American Ninja tonight, at 9.00pm.

American_Ninja_1280x720.jpg

http://www.cbsaction.tv/uk/shows.php?genre=Movies

Thanks for that I didn't know, just checked upcoming movies on CBS and as well as American Ninja 2 & 3 they've also got Avenging Force as well as a few other Dudikoff & Chuck Norris movies, wonder why they aren't showing American Ninja 4.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, andy338 said:

Thanks for that I didn't know, just checked upcoming movies on CBS and as well as American Ninja 2 & 3 they've also got Avenging Force as well as a few other Dudikoff & Chuck Norris movies, wonder why they aren't showing American Ninja 4.

No problem, not sure why they have left out Part 4?.

wsi-imageoptim-web-front-american-ninja-

• Like 1

Maybe one day, Issac Florentine and Scott Adkins will work on a third Ninja movie?.

This guy right here - Mr Isaac Florentine - greatest American martial arts film director. Without this man I wouldn’t be were I am today. Ouss!!! Can’t wait to work with him again. Ninja 3 anyone????1f61c.png

Txt/Iamge from Adkins official FaceBook page, Link- https://www.facebook.com/officialscottadkins/?hc_ref=ARQil_-yiujVpPWvvnI_OEObz5_BncHZgeLMl-izjK6OPeAF_0P2En_Ps5LK4oDV7zk&fref=nf

23244189_1509538189136858_68603594770476

550fb3cda5f4098dcfda4a01802302a6.jpg

• Like 1

A comedic re-make of erotic thriller 9 & A Half Weeks, with Ninjas?, only in the 80s.

"The first erotic Martial Arts comedy", surely that award has to go to an Asian production?

9+and+a+Half+Ninjas+VHS+box.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, TheFlyingPanda said:

I'm still waiting for A Life of Ninja on Blu-Ray or at least a Re- Mastered DVD

It might happen one day, who expected The Master T.V show, to get a HD release?. There's a few lesser known titles from this sub-genre, that could do with a decent release.

The U.K DVD release.

550full-a-life-of-ninja-poster.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Ninja14.jpg

Dudikoff couldnt even go surfing, without being attacked by Ninjas. American Ninja 2(1987)

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2