Back To The Shadows - The Ninja Genre Appreciation Thread

DragonClaws

DragonClaws
On 15/06/2017 at 3:14 PM, DrNgor said:

New review:

Some bizarre VHS artwork, for an euqally bizarre movie.

23971009.jpg

• Like 2

DragonClaws

russian-ninja-russian-terminator.png

The Russian Ninja(1989) (a.k.a Russian Terminator) VHS covers, the cover on the right tries to connect the movie to the popular video hit Ninja Mission(1984). The movie stars Fredrick Offrein(The Hired Gun) as Mark Robinson, hired by the Russian governement, to find out who's kidnapped a high ranking officials daughters boyfriend.

The following German trailer, again tries to sell the movie as a sequel to the mid 80's Europan movie Ninja Mission.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Recently reviewed one of the classic movies of the 1980's ninja boom, click on the link below for my ninja related ramblings.

ninja1.jpg

The heavily censored early U.K VHS release by Guild video.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2017 at 0:52 PM, DragonClaws said:

ylNJoA8.jpg

Seeing this ad brings back memories - I have been to every theater listed for the Bronx & Manhattan.

I frequently pass by the former Art theater location (which is now a church). It was very convenient located as it is right next to the 174th St subway station and the Bx19 & Bx21 buses (intersection of Boston Rd/Southern Blvd).  

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 29/06/2017 at 6:23 PM, thekfc said:

Seeing this ad brings back memories - I have been to every theater listed for the Bronx & Manhattan.

Thats really cool, any movies from that era that you can recall seeing on the big screen?.

22 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Thats really cool, any movies from that era that you can recall seeing on the big screen?.

I frequent these theaters during the early to mid 80's and saw these movies among others there before they closed down.

Beverly Hills Cop, Beat Street, Breakin, The Last Dragon, Krush Groove, Cannon Ball Run 2, Missing In Action, Toy Story, Indiana Jones, The Terminator, Return Of The Jedi, and a whole lot more.

I do not remember at which theater I saw what.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, thekfc said:

Beverly Hills Cop, Beat Street, Breakin, The Last Dragon, Krush Groove, Cannon Ball Run 2, Missing In Action, Toy Story, Indiana Jones, The Terminator, Return Of The Jedi, and a whole lot more.

I've taken us slightly off topic here lol, man I wish I'd got to see The Terminator on its first theatrical run.

• Like 2

Later this year, Kino Lorber will be releasing the Blu-ray set for The Master: The Complete Series. In The Master (aka The Master Ninja), an aging American ninja (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’s Lee Van Cleef) and his headstrong young apprentice (Class of 1984’s Timothy Van Patten) search for the elder man’s daughter... also starring Sho Kosugi!

More details: http://cityonfire.com/got-ninja-the-master-the-complete-series-coming-to-blu-ray-1984/

masterninja.jpg

• Like 3

On 08/09/2017 at 7:47 AM, mpm74 said:

Later this year, Kino Lorber will be releasing the Blu-ray set for The Master: The Complete Series. In The Master (aka The Master Ninja), an aging American ninja (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’s Lee Van Cleef) and his headstrong young apprentice (Class of 1984’s Timothy Van Patten) search for the elder man’s daughter... also starring Sho Kosugi!

Great news, thanks for sharing it here @mpm74.

1349700.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mpm74 said:

More great news...

Visual Entertainment releases 1983’s ‘The Last Ninja’ on DVD...

It's taken some time for this one to see an official release.

Next there will be news that NetFlix are bringing back The Master, though I'm not sure if that would be a good or bad thing?.

Michel Beck in some stills from The Last Ninja

Image taken from the superb Vintage Ninja site, Link- http://vintageninja.net/

Last-Ninja-pic.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2