Back To The Shadows - The Ninja Genre Appreciation Thread

DragonClaws

Recently sat down and watched the Sho Kosugi actioner 9 Deaths Of The Ninja, click on the ink below for my ninja related ramblings.

9-deaths-of-the-ninja-back.gif

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

American Ninja trialer, which uses its original title American Warrior.

American-Warrior-C.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

Sega Developing Shinobi movie with Into The Woods/Wicked producer

Link- http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/29/11540020/sega-shinobi-movie-stories-international-marc-platt

I'm not sure if this is the projects IMDB page?, it may be another movie project going under the same name?.

IMDB Link- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3950672/

Originally posted this news last year in this thread. Reading the post @SMK made on the main site about the Sega games soundtrack, reminded me about the movie.

Link- http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/buddhist-blog/the-revenge-of-shinobi-lp/

Shinobi-Film-Shot-01.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

As I scroll down the screen I wonder how many of these I've watched back in the day, I seem to only remember the Sho Kosugi movies. I think I also blocked the Dudikoff stuff out on the principle that I wanted Asians in my MA movies when I was a kid.

Read on Vintage ninja how Sho capitalized on the ninja craze importing a lot of ninja stuff in, would love to see a movie with him and his two sons, a inner family ninja conflict sound great, where is Roger Corman  when you need him.

• Like 2

On 23/02/2017 at 9:36 PM, Tosh said:

Read on Vintage ninja how Sho capitalized on the ninja craze importing a lot of ninja stuff in, would love to see a movie with him and his two sons, a inner family ninja conflict sound great, where is Roger Corman  when you need him.

Vintage Ninja is a great site Tosh, some really interesting stuff on there.

It's a shame some of the bigger U.S studios, didn't take a chance with Kosugi during the ninja craze.

This s what you might get if you combined Sho Kosugi, Wolverine and the Terminator.

robot-ninja-dutch-1280x768.jpg

More Filmark ninja madness, that doesnt feature Sho Kosugi, despite him appearing on the cover.

abdtqBB.jpg

• Like 1