Back To The Shadows - The Ninja Genre Appreciation Thread

DragonClaws

• Administrator
12 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Still's from Ninja 3 The Domination(1984).

Thanks for reviving this thread @DragonClaws.

NINJA III: THE DOMINATION is big ol' helping of ultra-fun '80 cheese! The recent Blu-ray release from Shout! Factory looks terrific, and the audio commentary is a total trip.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

NINJA III: THE DOMINATION is big ol' helping of ultra-fun '80 cheese! The recent Blu-ray release from Shout! Factory looks terrific, and the audio commentary is a total trip.

Never thought I'd get to see a FlashDance inspired Ninja movie, certainly has one of the most OTT movie openings of the 80's.

ninja+3+vhs+cover.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Re-posted my review of Ninja Avenger(1983), please click on the link below for my ramblings on this one.

Impossible+Woman+Japanese+VHS.jpg

Im watching this for the first time now on youtube, first thing i noriced is theres a rap song that samples the opening theme and i really wish i could remember the name so i could post it lol. ALso love the vhs cover.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2016 at 3:20 PM, DragonClaws said:

Re-posted my review of Ninja Avenger(1983), please click on the link below for my ramblings on this one.

Dont ask me how I remembered this cause I havent heard this song in like 10 years or more but this song sampled the opening theme, they just slowed it down a little bit Im known for recognizing samples but this one i gave up on until i popped in my head randomly the next day. Ninja Avenger is just one part of the beat, the voices part in the beat is from something else that i dont of

Edited by BiggWill1988
  • Like 3

On 14/12/2016 at 0:10 AM, BiggWill1988 said:

Im watching this for the first time now on youtube, first thing i noriced is theres a rap song that samples the opening theme and i really wish i could remember the name so i could post it lol. ALso love the vhs cover.

What did you think to the film BigWill?, thanks for posting the YouTube link for the song that samples the opening theme.

7 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

What did you think to the film BigWill?, thanks for posting the YouTube link for the song that samples the opening theme.

I enjoyed the movie alot, I havent seen to many movies with a Woman Ninja as the lead, feel free to post more movies with female Ninjas, lol

• Like 1

On 16/12/2016 at 1:20 AM, BiggWill1988 said:

I enjoyed the movie alot, I havent seen to many movies with a Woman Ninja as the lead, feel free to post more movies with female Ninjas, lol

This is another title you may like but I yet to watch it so cant pass judgement on it. Also starring Elsa Yang, who according to @DrNgor was the go to lady for Taiwanese ninja films of the early 80's.

challenge-of-the-lady-ninja.jpg

Challenge-Lady-Ninja_2.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

This is another title you may like but I yet to watch it so cant pass judgement on it. Also starring Elsa Yang, who according to @DrNgor was the go to lady for Taiwanese ninja films of the early 80's.

challenge-of-the-lady-ninja.jpg

Challenge-Lady-Ninja_2.jpg

I forgot about this one, I saw this one on youtube a long time ago but i will watch it again tonight, its been awhile, thanks

• Like 1