Back To The Shadows - The Ninja Genre Appreciation Thread

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Click on the link,  for detials regarding the plot of the up-coming  G.I-Joe Snake Eyes live-action movie.

John-Royle-SnakeEye-Stormshadow-600x847.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

DragonClaws

Where any of the American Ninja movies actually shot in America?, or where they all filmed entirely in Asia/South Africa?.

MPW-55314

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Extreme Challenge gets a misleading DVD rep-packaging. As far as I know, it's doesnt feature any ninja related characters in the story?.

sm1425d.jpg?v=2

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
8 minutes ago, Secret Executioner said:

@DragonClaws I see Joseph Lai and Betty Chan in the credits, so that should be an interesting one.  :cool: 

From the reviews I read @Secret Executioner, it's a Taiwanese love triangle drama. Intercut with contemporary Ninja madness.

Look's like a lost Dragon Lee movie, going just by the VHS cover. But there's no machine gun brandshing Dragon Lee, in this one.

• Like 2

Secret Executioner
2 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

it's a Taiwanese love triangle drama. Intercut with contemporary Ninja madness.

Well that's a whacky combo. I always felt romantc dramas needed more Ninja madness. :monk_laughing:

• Like 1

What surprised me recently was when I ran across a movie of Saotome Mondo (starring famous actor Ichikawa Utaemon) that had plenty of Ninja-action.  Also surprising was the appearance of actor Yamagata Isao. Isao always plays the role of villains but this time he was also the head of the Ninja group.  Normally when he plays a villain, it's a high-ranking character such as a Magistrate so he doesn't do any fight scenes. But this time he played a ninja leader so he did plenty of  Swordfighting with Mondo.  In one great fight scene in an abandoned building in a forest, hordes of ninja attack Mondo. As the hordes attack him, the leader himself joins the fray and flings darts and smoke bombs and fire bombs at Mondo. And all while the hordes are attacking him at the same time.  Pure joy to watch.

The main actor Utaemon was extremely popular back in the day. In fact he was already popular during the Silent films of the 1920s!  And it was mostly from playing just the Mondo character. 

• Like 3

JackieChan
On 5/26/2019 at 5:03 PM, DragonClaws said:

Where any of the American Ninja movies actually shot in America?, or where they all filmed entirely in Asia/South Africa?.

The first one was shot in Philippines, the rest were shot in South Africa. Part of 4 was shot in Lesotho.

• Like 3

On 6/4/2019 at 9:39 PM, Secret Executioner said:

Well that's a whacky combo. I always felt romantc dramas needed more Ninja madness. :monk_laughing:

Or zombies

• Like 2