Hiroyuki Sanada

Guest kungfusamurai

Guest Liu chung liang

I think he's one of Japanese Top Best Actor/Performer in films. He's a disciple of Sonny Chiba from what I know, and has worked with him. Sanada had been in a lot of movies. Of course if you've seen "Ringu", he's in it. The guy made quite a few martial art flicks as well. I know he is in Ninja in the Dragon's Den with Hwang Jang Lee, which I want to see, but I don't have a copy. I've seen him in Legend of the Eight Samurai, Ninja Wars, Ringu, and some older films etc. I think he's a very solid actor, or shall I say sharp actor... and if you're a fan of his... you'll remember this scene.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qtczhaA9rE

Don't start hating, haters. :evil

Never mess with a Samurai.

Guest kungfusamurai

Sanada was also in Twilight Samurai and the Tom Cruise vehicle The Last Samurai. He also played Sonny Chiba's character as a kid in The Executioner from '74.

KFS

Guest MANOZEN

Hi ,

A great shuriken of a film for Sanada is SHOGUNS NINJA , enjoyed all the action set pieces : Chiba based action styling with his disciples , excellent . Sue Shiomi also does some wicked double nunchaku . I have only seen the German release of this which was a superb widescreen transfer .

MANOZEN

B0009IW8BW.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1123272112_.jpg

Yeah, Sanada has really come on his own over the years, he floored me in the Twilight Samurai, his acting was a throw back to the great Japanese actors from the 50's and 60's. Ninja in the Dragon's Den I haven't seen yet either, and is on top of my "must see list", and he was the only reason to subject yourself to the torment of the promise. Anyone know what he's working on now?

Guest ToothbrushFu

He's in Danny Boyle's latest film, the 2001 / Solaris / Event Horizon sounding scifi flick Sunshine (which also has Michelle Yeoh in it too). Should be out early next year.

Guest Liu chung liang

I forgot to mention that I have TLS on dvd. kungfusamurai, if you even looked at the scene... it's from The Last Samurai. :)

and he was the only reason to subject yourself to the torment of the promise.

Yeah, so I could show that clip.

Guest kungfusamurai

My bad, LCL. I assumed it was a clip from one of his other flicks. Thanks for sharing that awesome scene. Perhaps Tom needed one of those last year when he went on his Matt Lauer interview tyrade. :)

KFS

Guest Chen Zhen

also make sure u check out Royal Warriors with Michelle Yeoh and Hiroyuki Sanada. he kicks some major a$$ in that flick, and definetely steals the show in that one.

Sanada is one of the few martial arts actors that can actually act....exceptionally well. one of the few who can star in a drama and not be in uncomfortable territory. Sanada is the man.

Guest Yakuza954

Yeah, Hiroyuki Sanada is really good in Royal Warriors, though I was dissapointed Michelle Yeoh ended up getting most of the action in the end fight. Sanada is actually one guy I feel is better in HK movies, and I wish he would have done more, as they seemed to bring out the most in his phsical abilities. In Japan, though he eventually became a great dramatic actor in his own right, his physical abilities weren't put to their best use in a lot of those period samurai films or contemporary dramas.

Guest Iron Boat

Sanada is excellent in Ninja in the Dragon's Den, try to stay away from the English dub however. The cheesy 80s theme song was horrific..............but then again, the cheese has become classic.

I love this guy! He's a martial artist's martial artist! He's the real deal when it comes to a complete package, looks, acting and martial arts skills! I prefer him in Hong Kong productions for the display of martial arts but Twilight Samurai is a favorite of mine, very touching and well done. I haven't watched too many of his films, but plan to do so. My favorites are:

Twilight Samurai

Royal Warriors

Ninja in the Dragon's Den

Shogun's Ninja

He was very good in his small role in The Last Samurai. I wish he made more films with other stars like, Billy Chong, Yasuaki Kurata (maybe he did with him), Casanova Wong, Wang Jang Lee (in a serious fight unlike Dragon's Den), Liu Chia Hui, Ti Lung, Alexander Lo Rei and other powerful actors/fighters.

I just watched Shogun's Ninja last night and I liked it alot but the soundtrack music drove me nuts!

I totally agree there, It ruined it for me, I don't know why they'd put jazz (and bad jazz at that) in a period piece, the 70's funk worked great in the Street Fighter movies, but the music was so out of place here.

Guest limubai2000

Yes it is official he is a bad guy in RH3, was posted a few places around the web... from KFCC

Rush Hour 3 director Brett Ratner told USA Today recently that Japanese actor Hiroyuki Sanada will be playing the role of a villain in the upcoming movie. "He's a brilliant actor with a martial arts background who has done some incredible films," Ratner says. The film is currently scheduled for August 2007 release.

Sanada will also be appearing alongside Michelle Yeoh and Cillian Murphy in the upcoming Danny Boyle film, Sunshine, about a crew of astronauts sent to try and save the sun, due out in March of 2007.

Guest Liu chung liang

When did Ratner told USA TODAY that? How recent? Yakuza954, you might be right. :rollin Brett seems like a guy who would search the net lol. He must had stumble across the Fandom here haha.

Maybe he was watching The Last Samurai and saw that Sanada got some skills. :lol

So Damme and Sanada are going to play the villains for sure then right?

Guest limubai2000

I dont know where u come up with Damne but I've not seen that in print anywhere. So far the bad guys are Roman Polanski, Max Von Sydow and Hiroyuki Sanada.

Guest kungfusamurai

I know it's not a japanese film, but Hiroyuki Sanada is one of the actors who's films we've discussed in this forum. I just saw him in the trailer for Rush Hour 3. It's not clear how much fighting he'll do. I'd love to see him bust out some old school karate movies. I doubt he's able to do those old school somersaults and flips.

KFS

bamboo spear

Yeah, the Rush Hour movies are funny, but have been lacking in good fights. I hope Sanada gets to shine, and he better not lose to Tucker!