Cynthia Rothrock

Hei Meigui

She is far more beautiful today than she was 30 years ago. Glad that she too has kept herself in shape all these years.

Question: How did she support herself during her lull in filmmaking after Sci-Fighter in 2004?

Also, I saw an interview where she commented on her experiences in Hong Kong. She said that Sammo Hung was really delicate with her and very careful not to hurt her, but Corey Yuen pushed her hard and trusted her to do more dangerous stuff.

• Like 2

kingofkungfu2002
13 hours ago, DrNgor said:

She is far more beautiful today than she was 30 years ago. Glad that she too has kept herself in shape all these years.

Question: How did she support herself during her lull in filmmaking after Sci-Fighter in 2004?

Also, I saw an interview where she commented on her experiences in Hong Kong. She said that Sammo Hung was really delicate with her and very careful not to hurt her, but Corey Yuen pushed her hard and trusted her to do more dangerous stuff.

She still kept herself busy, doing seminars, demonstrations, appearances etc.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Interesting to see how the two choreographers had different approaches to handling her on set. Show's how tough she is, when you can survive a career in Hong Kong movies, even though she didnt have the same baclground or training as Hung/Yuen.

Glora Hendry & Cynthia Rothrock, at the Urban Action Showcase.

1502246_orig.jpg

• Like 1

Jean Claude Van Damme is not the only Martial Artist and actor with a love of dogs.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheFlyingPanda said:

Still like the movie Tiger Claws till today. There needs to be more Cynthia releases on blu-ray 

Too right.

There was talk of a Sworn To Justice Special Edition, I made a post about it in this thread. The lady dragon posted an image of herself getting interviewed, for the extras.

• Like 2

Any plans for another live action Flinstones movie?, with added Martial Arts action.

12070655_1106497792715424_198862738_n.jp

With one of many fans.

1516301_1614838815468019_1222382394_n.jp

Handing out some trophys.

cgldjaft8dfrgdhmjexn.jpg

Move over Lara Croft, there's a new lady adventurer on the scene.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Anyone remember this publication?.

2246513442_b2b6087686_o.jpg

I used to write for that publication ;)

Here's Cynthia at last night's L.A. premiere of Showdown in Manila

dsc_1204.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

I used to write for that publication ;)

Used to see it advertised in Screen Power, the old Jackie Chan magazine run by Richard Cooper. It wasn't easy to get a hold of, at least in the area I lived in at the time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Used to see it advertised in Screen Power, the old Jackie Chan magazine run by Richard Cooper. It wasn't easy to get a hold of, at least in the area I lived in at the time.

Cooper ran both Screen Power and Jade Screen. I started out with Screen Power for a DVD review of Gen-X Cops and then when Jade Screen came out, I was a U.S. correspondent doing profiles and reviews. My first profile was on Sammo Hung, which was later featured in the compilation Enter the Fat Dragon: The Life and Films of Sammo Hung

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Cooper ran both Screen Power and Jade Screen. I started out with Screen Power for a DVD review of Gen-X Cops and then when Jade Screen came out, I was a U.S. correspondent doing profiles and reviews. My first profile was on Sammo Hung, which was later featured in the compilation Enter the Fat Dragon: The Life and Films of Sammo Hung

Thats really cool, Cooper kind of vanished after the closure of the Jackie Chan U.K fan club and Screen Power. Wonder what he's upto these days?.

The cast of Showdownn In Manila.

WAG-Post-1.jpg

Another shot from the recent L.A premeire for the film.

pBKoc.jpg

• Like 2