Eagle Shadow Fist (1973) Jackie Chan

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Eagle Shadow Fist is a film made in 1973 and mainly the only reason it is somewhat known above other forgettable movies is because Jackie Chan is in it. He plays a minor supporting role. This is one of the few movies where Jackie Chan's character dies. I don't believe he dies in any other movies, but he may.

This movie is just a small film about Japanese occupying and harassing local Chinese villagers. The fight scenes are pretty boring and slow. The entire movie is pretty boring. But I have to say this movie is waaaay better than Fantasy Mission Force.

The film is in bad shape too and not preserved well so it makes it even more hard to watch. It was not completely impossible to sit through though, but I found myself spacing out enough. The movie is not that long so that makes it better.

I have absolutely no clue why the movie is called Eagle Shadow Fist as there are no mentions of any eagle style kung fu or a shadow fist. That was disappointing.

Apparently, from the internet, I heard Jackie Chan hates this movie and hated the director so he refuses to acknowledge it in his filmography.

Who is the star of this film? I don't remember or care...just some guy. I don't think he was in any other movies really either. This movie is for those who are Jackie Chan fans and care about his film history and like old films from Hong Kong just because they exist. It is just a film for them to accomplish and know about.

Also, Jackie Chan has a flat top hair cut and looks sooooo young it is amazing. That is cool.

The film was originally called Not Scared To Die WD. After Chan's success with Snake In The Eagles Shadow some film company bought the rights and re-issued the film under the new title Eagles Shadow Fist. They did the same with Little Tiger From Canton by releasing the film again with additional scenes and the new title of Snake Fist Fighter/Master With Cracked Fingers.

Jackie Chan does include the film in his filmography for his autobiography JC My Life In Action. I'm not sure if he doesn't list it in his more recent biography?.

Guest Anonymous
The film was originally called Not Scared To Die WD. After Chan's success with Snake In The Eagles Shadow some film company bought the rights and re-issued the film under the new title Eagles Shadow Fist. They did the same with Little Tiger From Canton by releasing the film again with additional scenes and the new title of Snake Fist Fighter/Master With Cracked Fingers.

Jackie Chan does include the film in his filmography for his autobiography JC My Life In Action. I'm not sure if he doesn't list it in his more recent biography?.

People on youtube were saying he hated the director and doesn't want to acknowledge it or something.

Interesting information and it makes sense. But it would have been pretty rad if they made a movie about some technique called the eagle shadow fist. And they have to train an practice to get it before using it. Would be awesome.

Oh I bought master with cracked fingers back in the old days. I still remember that scene where the kid is in the cave with the old man and I am thinking wow I hope he isnt a pedophile in there! It was such a weird scene.

People on youtube were saying he hated the director and doesn't want to acknowledge it or something.

Interesting information and it makes sense. But it would have been pretty rad if they made a movie about some technique called the eagle shadow fist. And they have to train an practice to get it before using it. Would be awesome.

Oh I bought master with cracked fingers back in the old days. I still remember that scene where the kid is in the cave with the old man and I am thinking wow I hope he isnt a pedophile in there! It was such a weird scene.

He mentions the film in his biography so they may have got mixed up with another title?. There's a few productions I'm sure he love to forget like any performer. It is a cool film title and its a shame they wasted in on re-titling a little known film.

Guest Anonymous

He mentions the film in his biography so they may have got mixed up with another title?. There's a few productions I'm sure he love to forget like any performer. It is a cool film title and its a shame they wasted in on re-titling a little known film.

I agree. The film is worth a watch simply because of Jackie Chan and no other reason. They didn't even utilize the Japanese Karate style very well either.

Guest Anonymous
Jackie died in a few movies like hand of death and island of fire

Really? I will have to see those. I believe I saw Hand of Death but I dont remember it. I will have to see which death scene he does the best in!

Killer Meteor
On 8/10/2015 at 6:41 PM, Guest Anonymous said:

Who is the star of this film? I don't remember or care...just some guy. I don't think he was in any other movies really either. This movie is for those who are Jackie Chan fans and care about his film history and like old films from Hong Kong just because they exist. It is just a film for them to accomplish and know about.

Wong Ching, a regular bad guy for Shaw Brothers.

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

I saw this not too long ago and was amazed to see Wong Ching playing a good guy, and even lead. 

On 8/5/2020 at 6:09 PM, sifu iron perm said:

The flying doll kids hitting the mountain!

Scenes like that, I'm always glad when the dolls are very obvious. Nevertheless, I'd rather do without such scenes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2015 at 8:49 PM, Bus said:

Jackie died in a few movies like hand of death and island of fire

Island of Fire is one of my one of my guilty pleasures. 

• Like 3