Martial Arts Instructional DVDs

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone here buy martial arts instructional DVDs to learn how to fight? I do.

Turtle Press had a huge sale a year or so ago where they were selling all of their DVDs for 5 bucks or less. Now I think they are out of all of their DVDs and only sell books.

Before I mentioned the Silver Fox Collection of Hwang Jang Lee movies that contain a special feature of martial arts lessons on each DVD. But I also buy actual training DVDs as well for supplemental training.

I bought a few DVDs from Master Sang H. Kim who was a Korean special forces member and government agent. He is a Taekwondo grandmaster and hapkido master as well. His Knife Defense fundamentals DVDs are extremely good.

He also authored many books on martial arts that are top notch. His Junsado book and DVDs are really good for what they are as they were made in the 90's.

I also have Mster K's Muay Thai KLnockout DVD which introduces basics of Muay Thai.

Another is Boxing Fundamentals taught by a Korean boxing coach who has produced champions. Very simple and good stuff. I also got a DVD called Kyuktooki which is a Korean MMA kickboxing style.

Anyone else into this kind of stuff? I dont just watch Kung Fu movies, I train in martial arts as well.

I was thinking of making my own training videos for Taekwondo and self defense but need people to partner with me.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

i only got one but really never watched it there is a sifu by the name tak wah eng who teaches hark fu shaolin black tiger style who has a whole bunch of dvds out if i buy any it will be buy him

Guest Anonymous
i only got one but really never watched it there is a sifu by the name tak wah eng who teaches hark fu shaolin black tiger style who has a whole bunch of dvds out if i buy any it will be buy him

Well watch it and tell me what he teaches or how it is. Sounds interesting. Do you train much?

shaolin swords

no never trained in any style used to read about shaolin science history and culture and different styles of martial arts but never really trained in any styles the one dvd I got teached hung gar kung fu

Guest Anonymous

You should train off of the DVDs and become a master fighter!!

Also the gracie combatives DVDs for brazilian jiu jitsu are excellent!!!

For instructional videos,one of the best is The art of kicking by none other than the king of legwork himself:Hwang Jang Lee. It was only available on vhs in the 80's but now it's been re-released on dvd for a limited time.It's well worth it because he gives you an in depth hands on demonstration of the rudiments of kicking including the basics and the advanced stuff.He does it all himself too.The man is definately to Tae kwon do what Michael jordan is to basketball.

Archived