Derek Yee

Hei Meigui

I have started seeing more films with Derek Yee and I am really starting to like him up there along Ti Lung and David Chiang (his half brother)

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=177

I really started to get into him when watching Death Duel

Here's his Kill count in that movie!!

I liked his roles in The Sentimental Swordsman and The Return of the Sentimental Swordsman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNCcTNc4OxQWatch 0:00 - 3:16

(can someone explain to me why SPOILERS

The Return of The Sentimental Swordsman ended focusing on Fu Sheng and not Derek Yee's character? That just seemed to off to me. You put Derek Yee's Character through all of that and focus on him and Ti Lung then end with Fu Sheng???

:shaking It was almost like they wanted to give Fu Sheng more attention because he was more famous as an actor? I didn't get it.

I'm not sure how popular he was at the time but I do see he was in a lot of movies. He is a director now and pretty successful.

Here he is fighting Shi Szu

I also loved Shaolin Prince

Do you have a favorite movie with Derek Yee?

• Like 1

shaolin swords

to me his definitley up there with ti lung david chaing and was it he suppost to direct duel to the death a remake or some thing could got him mixed up with some one else dont know i remember reading it some where on kfc

• Like 1

Definitely a fan of Derek Yee. You can always count on him for a good performance and excellent weapons work. He was in a ton of movies, and most of his Shaw output is worth checking out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

s-l1600 (6).jpg

Quite interesting ! I wonder what is the movie with Ti Lung ? Battle of Guningtou ? Battle for the Republice of China ?

And this movie with Tso Tat Wah and Flora Chan ? I don't remember to have ever seen her in a Shaw's movie but rather in TVB series, and I don't remember either to have seen Derek Yee bold and in the same movie as Tso Tat Wah. Anyone has any idea on what these movies could be ?

• Like 3

I found another 1981 issue, this time March, which romantically links Derek with Candice Yu On-On. Perhaps Candice replaced her at the last minute before filming began. Derek and Candice knew each other before they joined Shaw Brothers. She was his first girlfriend.

cyo.jpg

• Like 4

Wow ! I didn't know that Charlie Chin had been married to Siao Fong Fong ! So, did he finally married Lin Ching Xia ? Are they sill married ?

• Like 3

He was married to Siao from 1975 to 1978.

Chin and Lin were engaged at one point but they called off the engagement in 1984, which is why she didn't get to be in My Lucky Stars (hence why lookalike Sibelle Hu was cast).

• Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang

I just can't help imagining that fight between DY and the executive as an elaborately choreograhped action scene, in eerily illuminated movietown.  

Since this is his thread, I think it's worth mentioning that he is the current president of the Hong Kong Film Director's Guild. Apart from several nominations, he won 2 Hong Kong Film Awards for Best Director, 2 for Best Screenplay, and 2 Hong Kong Film Critics' Society Awards for Best Director. 

His Ah Chi/ Third Master in DEATH DUEL and Ah Fei in SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN and SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN RETURNS are among my favorite wuxia movie characters. 

• Like 4