Samurai Wolf 2

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Watched this one last night and liked it quite a bit. Though running time was kinda short, there was still plenty of great action and acting. Too bad more films were not made in the series. The story was disappointing though. Not that it wasnt good, just Gosha had used the same exact story before (or after, not sure). I believe an episode of the "Mute Samurai" tv seeries had the same EXACT story. Not as good as part 1, but still very good. 4/5

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yakuza954

I also didn't think it was as good as the first, and I thought the final fight was kind of anti-climatic.

I'm sure the story came from Samurai Wolf first going by the fact that the movie is black and white and the Mute Samurai TV Series is in color. I also don't know if Gosha himself used the story again. I know he created the Mute Samurai character, but I don't think he wrote that specific episode script, and Kenji Misumi was the one that directed that particular episode. It's normal for samurai series to copy storylines from other stuff though, I see a lot of storylines in samurai anime shows that I recognize from the older live action movies. I guess they need enough material to cover the 20+ odd episodes.

Guest kungfusamurai

I agree, the film wasn't as enjoyable as the first, and the ending was anti-climactic, in spite of the great fight choreography. Still its worth checking out as a Gosha film.

KFS

Archived