In The Blood (2014)

Guest Anonymous

Okay, cool.

Seems like a lot of people were divided on the film HAYWIRE, but I liked that one a lot too. It had some plot-holes, but it was still a good movie.

Thought she had a killer fight in FAST & FURIOUS 6 too, though her acting in it was the worst I've seen her do.

I would like to see Carano and Scott Adkins in a MR. & MRS. SMITH/ TRUE LIES type movie that focused on martial arts instead of firearms. Maybe seeing them have a 'martial spat' along the lines of HEROES OF THE EAST at some point in the film... :nodding

I liked haywire. Carano and Scott Adkins vs Zoe bell and Matt mullins

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Yes Kung Fu Bob me and Bus are cool he even promised not to fart on me and I won't call him a cretin!! :laugh

Good news- trust me! :whew

I liked haywire. Carano and Scott Adkins vs Zoe bell and Matt mullins

Oh hell yeah! That would be outta sight. :evilgrin

Guest Anonymous

I personally think Stallone needs to get a friggin clue and make sure Gina Carrano lands a part in Expendables 4. She deserved to be in part 3 ahead of Rousey, but whatever Rousey is so popular right now. But man it would be siiick to see a fight scene between the 2 in a future movie.

I like Rousey as a martial arts action star/villain/whatever, but I am not going to care if she is in a future romantic comedy or anything, unless it has to do with martial arts. I think Gina has a lot of potential to be bigger than she is on movies as well. She just needs to right director and better scripts and more fight action. It will be sad if she simply ends up a B movie actress. She will fade into obscurity like many "kickboxing/karate/whatever champions" of the 90's and early 00's who made movies that sucked. Nobody remembers them or cares. Do you remember Oliver Gruner? Didn't think so. Why do I? because I used to own "The Circuit and The Circuit 2" movies. lol

ShaOW!linDude

I remember Olivier Gruner. Liked his early films like Angel Town, Savate aka The Fighter (probably my fave of his), TNT, Automatic, and Mercenary. I thought the two Circuit movies were so-so. There were bits that were good, I just wished they'd done a little more. I don't remember him really having a decent foe to contend with. Of course, that also applies to the films I listed, except for The Fighter. (A young Mark Dacascos plays one of the gang members he fights in Angel Town btw.)

Regarding Gina Carano...I hope she's got something good in the works. She's a great screen fighter and really sells the choreography. Her fights against Channing Tatum and Michael Fassbender in Haywire contains fantastic, solid, top notch choreography. She needs to crank out a couple of good B action films along those lines.

Guest Anonymous
I remember Olivier Gruner. Liked his early films like Angel Town, Savate aka The Fighter (probably my fave of his), TNT, Automatic, and Mercenary. I thought the two Circuit movies were so-so. There were bits that were good, I just wished they'd done a little more. I don't remember him really having a decent foe to contend with. Of course, that also applies to the films I listed, except for The Fighter. (A young Mark Dacascos plays one of the gang members he fights in Angel Town btw.)

Regarding Gina Carano...I hope she's got something good in the works. She's a great screen fighter and really sells the choreography. Her fights against Channing Tatum and Michael Fassbender in Haywire contains fantastic, solid, top notch choreography. She needs to crank out a couple of good B action films along those lines.

Haha so someone else knows who Oliver Gruner is! Cool! The Circuit movies were just fun tournament movies and had some training moments. It satisfied for what it was but it was not amazing like you would watch it 10 times. I like how these movies always have different kinds of fighters.

Well haywire was not a B movie it had some A-list actors like Antonio Banderas and Tatum. It was in theaters and advertised a lot. For some reason her next movies were low budget crap. There is so much that could have made In The Blood a decent film but the director lacked logical reasoning.

Hopefully she does more though. I believe she is in the new remake of Kickboxer.

ShaOW!linDude

No, Haywire is certainly no B action film. Soderbergh was smart to surround her with top actors and really good script for her starring role. It got the ball rolling.

Archived