American Kickboxer 1 (1991)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just watched American Kickboxer 1, yes the number 1 is in the title. Apparently they wanted to make a sequel and they did, but then it has absolutely nothing to do with the original films at all in anyway whatsoever so it makes no sense.

AK1 is probably one of the most boring 90's martial arts films I have ever forced myself to finish. The fighting is mediocre kickboxing, with kicks and boxing punches. The story is lame and I think the main actor is not a real martial artist and his kicks look a bit off. Its just the typical kickboxing style story about some dude who accidently kills a guy with a punch outside at some party because the main bad guy kickboxer who wants to be champ started a fight, and his buddy trie to break it up and gets punched by the main good guy. He goes to jail for 10 months and then the story is all about his life after jail and if he will compete again or not,. but he is banned from competing in a championship fight again.

The story is very boring, dumb fights, stupid acting, and too many musical montages. Heck the main guys girlfriend isnt even attractive! SO BORING!

If you watch this make sure it is with friends so you can make jokes the entire time or else you will be soooo bored.

Now what is almost everyone in the audience at the kickboxing fights old people? I never met any seniors who enjoy kickboxing, even in the 90's. Nobody cared about kickboxing back then.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, they did do a sequel. It's called To the Death. The major difference is that they changed Quinn's first name from Robert James or BJ to Rick. However, Denard is back and was now played by Michel Qissi and another actress played Quinn's now wife, who is murdered by the crazy underground fight promoter who wants Quinn to enter his death matches. 

Archived