The Greatest Martial Arts Massacres In Old-School Films?

Guest Anonymous

One Armed Boxer

The Invincible Super Chan AKA Forced to Fight with David Tong Wai.  Not a great movie, but lots of massacred people.

I jumped into this thread for the sole purpose of mentioning this movie, and turns out I was beaten to it by 1 post!  'Invincible Super Chan' is a classic...the guy single handedly wipes out an army of around 100 within the first 20 minutes, often in quite a gruesome fashion for its time!

• Like 2

The finale to Blade of Fury could be labeled a massacre, especially the little kid that none of the soldiers take seriously until he whips out the shuangdao and opens a six-pack of whoop.

For 80s Triad massacres, you have the finales to The Club and Hong Kong Godfather, which are all about people getting stabbed and shanked with pointy objects.

• Like 3

The finale to Blade of Fury could be labeled a massacre, especially the little kid that none of the soldiers take seriously until he whips out the shuangdao and opens a six-pack of whoop.

For 80s Triad massacres, you have the finales to The Club and Hong Kong Godfather, which are all about people getting stabbed and shanked with pointy objects.

Good to see Blade Of Fury get a mention in this thread. The opening sequence is pretty brutal too when the enter the Japanese camp at night. Hong Kong Godfather has managed to evade me up to now. A film I hear mentioned a lot but I haven't gotten round to seeing it.

FONG SAI YUK 2 also has one of the greatest massacres of the past couple of decades, when Jet Li straps on the katanas, blindfolds himself, and then goes postal on the Red Flower Society.

• Like 1

You know, we don't get many one-man-massacres that much these days. I think the most recent examples were Kill Bill, Six-String Samurai, and possibly Legendary Assassin. Are there any others?

• Like 1

Wang Yu in The assassin.

By the way, I read somewhere that the character he plays is the same as plays Adam Cheng in the series The assassins, in the part where he plays Nie Zhe. What a massacre also in this part of the series ! I havent' finished to watch the whole series as yet, but I can say that Adam Cheng kills a lot of people in it !

Also, Helen Ma in Deaf and mute heroine : it seems to me that there are a lot of dead people by her hands there, if I'm not mistaken.

And Chiao Chiao in Dragon blows, when she fights alone with all the men near the ruins.

• Like 1

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

The Bloody Devil sure lived up to his name in Judgment of An Assassin (almost 30 people dead in that finale - flag pole pike dispatches; although none were as downright vicious as an earlier victim.)  Easily Chan Wai Man's most vicious wuxia villain and I love that they play up the character's age in a few fights too. 

• Like 1

Cognoscente

It's too bad that there was never a Kung Fu zombie movie in the golden era. That would have taken the concept to a whole new level.

• Like 2