The Bloody Fists / 蕩寇灘 (1972)

teako170

Saw this in the grocery today. Was only aware of TPB but now I've realized that the bottom right flick was an early CKT film? Anyone seen? Maybe I'll pick up next week when I go back.

4flix.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

never saw the bloody fist always wanted to see the moonlight sword and jade lion flick but if you ask me you should have just bought it only 5 bucks really cant go wrong just my opinion

Guest Anonymous
Saw this in the grocery today. Was only aware of TPB but now I've realized that the bottom right flick was an early CKT film? Anyone seen? Maybe I'll pick up next week when I go back.

4flix.jpg

If I am not mistaken I believe I did rent this movie from Blockbuster in the 90's but never owned it. I think there is some Japanese VS Chinese thing going on and samurai guys who are evil and kung fu guys who are obviously good. There is some cool showdown on the beach with nunchuku I think. I think its a solid flick.

Oh and I think there is a rape scene or some sex thing at some point so beware of that if you dont like it. It has been such along time but it was pretty cool with pretty cool fight scenes.

True. At $1.25/ flick, it's not bad. They're all full frame as I've been told by someone who owns this set. Wouldn't mind seeing Moonlight Sword and Jade Lion as well. Angela Mao, Doris Lung and Wong Tao? Can't beat that! There were two copies. Pretty sure they'll be there next week.

Guest Anonymous

I never liked to buy combo DVD things. I always tried to buy individual DVDs with separate covers and hopefully special features on the actual film. When I think of multiple movies on one disc I think it might have low quality pictures.

The most I have are two films on a disc but yeah, the quality is often sacrificed with these combo deals.

BiggWill1988

I have this dvd I got it at Best Buy I havent watched it in like ten years but I remember liking it. I really like the villian in the movie too. I dont know the actors name thought. Does anyone know? Bloody Fists was amazing imo I would reccomend getting it

They're all full frame as I've been told by someone who owns this set. Wouldn't mind seeing Moonlight Sword and Jade Lion as well. Angela Mao, Doris Lung and Wong Tao?

I have the 2-fer version of Moonlight Sword and Bloody Fists on the same label (Warner Brothers) and they are 4:3 letterbox. As far as films go, Bloody Fists is great, especially if you like Chen Sing bashers. Chen Kuan Tai plays the head of the evil Japanese! Moonlight Sword has some great Angela Mao vs Doris Lung fighting, but I don't remember much of the plot.

Note: The Warner Brothers dvd adds some new music to the soundtrack of Bloody Fists. I also have the Crash Cinema DVD which has the original music. The German DVD on MIG is cut, but it has a few scenes that are not in the other cut!

Warner Brothers 1:37:17 new soundtrack English dub

Crash Cinema 1:37:26 original soundtrack English dub

MIG 1:23:16 German dub only, no subs.

Here are a couple of caps from the Warner set

Bloody Fists:

sd1UkFh.png

Moonlight Sword:

9EtedVr.png

For 4.28 I think I'll pick it up too, I haven't watched either of these movies, a long haired CKT playing a Japanese villain - sign me up.

Thanks panku. That seems like the better set to get as those two are the films of the 4 I want and while dub vs sub is a coin toss for me, I really prefer wide over full. Even if its been letter-boxed. Guessing it's this?

Yes, that's the one.

Archived