Five Element Ninjas (1982)- Question About The Movie???

shaolin swords

shaolin swords

does any one wonder why at the end of 5 element ninja chiang sheng is talking about the girl that was a ninja spy that had his whole family set up to be murderd and he wines up killing in the movie at the end when his dieing his talking about her in a good way in a positive manner I mean she had his all of his friends and family murderd why are you talking about her in a good way never got that in the movie and always found that weird please some one shed some light on this thanks

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

Is there also an old Jackie Chan film where he kinda falls in love with a chick who killed his family/caused him harm ?

shaolin swords

man i still dont get it this femal had his family and love once to be set up and killed that some cold blooded stuff to do for real dont understand why he talks about her in a good way you love the person that had your family set up to be killed dont make any cents

Guest Anonymous
man i still dont get it this femal had his family and love once to be set up and killed that some cold blooded stuff to do for real dont understand why he talks about her in a good way you love the person that had your family set up to be killed dont make any cents

The martial world is a strange place to foreigners. But once you live in it long enough you will understand.

The thing is, Zin Ji was just a girl with a troubled life in a bad environment growing up in an evil ninja clan. She also did realize that the hero would love her an care for her, yet she was bound by her ninja code to assassinate him. She was a seductress but through it all deep in her mind she knew it was wrong and wanted to be loved and in a way felt sorry about what she did.

She did end up getting assassinated herself by the other hero who gets his revenge, he used deception like she used. She thought he could love her and maybe forgive her and take her out of this crazy life. But she deserved it. The hero knew she deserved it and he knows he did what was right, yet he also understood her troubled life and her inner thoughts she expressed before he killed her.

It was really a tragedy. This happens often in the martial world and its a lonely and hard life we lead. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

She was also a very sexy ninja. They don't make them like that anymore.

shaolin swords

wd-i get it kind of makes it more clearer why he felt that way at the end of the movie man i been watching these movies all my life but that part of the movie always stumbed me always was confused about that part in the movie thanks for clearing that up for me

Guest Anonymous
wd-i get it kind of makes it more clearer why he felt that way at the end of the movie man i been watching these movies all my life but that part of the movie always stumbed me always was confused about that part in the movie thanks for clearing that up for me

You are welcome. I know a ton about this stuff so you can ask me lots of questions any time. See ya.

Secret Executioner

Guess the forum will become WhiteDragon's lesson, since he's a pompous know-it-all... But don't mention shapes and basher, cause he has no ideas about that and he will question your knowledge and your English language-skills. :thinking

does any one wonder why at the end of 5 element ninja chiang sheng is talking about the girl that was a ninja spy that had his whole family set up to be murderd and he wines up killing in the movie at the end when his dieing his talking about her in a good way in a positive manner I mean she had his all of his friends and family murderd why are you talking about her in a good way never got that in the movie and always found that weird please some one shed some light on this thanks

It's a very fair question but I think you are putting more thought into it than the writers of the movie. I don't think they really thought through the logic of how someone would react in that situatiion if it were real. Which can be said about a large portion of the movies out there.

Secret Executioner

It's a very fair question but I think you are putting more thought into it than the writers of the movie. I don't think they really thought through the logic of how someone would react in that situatiion if it were real. Which can be said about a large portion of the movies out there.

I guess that's a good vision of the situation. One shouldn't try to put too much logic into those movies, or you're bound to keep wondering why the bad guys always let one kid live when slaughtering families (leading to said kid wanting to take revenge) or why super techniques characters know aren't used more (that stuff about super techniques or superpowers in the case of superheroes always bothers me actually).

Guest Anonymous
Guess the forum will become WhiteDragon's lesson, since he's a pompous know-it-all... But don't mention shapes and basher, cause he has no ideas about that and he will question your knowledge and your English language-skills. :thinking

Seriously you need to get a sense of humor. My gosh man! Also bashing someones typos on a freaking internet forum is idiotic. Also, my computer keyboard sticks on a few keys and is cheap. And I bet my english language skills far surpass yours if you really wanted to get down to it. Oh and not to mention my kung fu is better than yours. OHH!! SNAP! Now what?

I actually love 5 element ninjas it is probably my favorite ninja movie. I know what the hell I am talking about with Zin Ji and I was adding humor to my explanations. Seriously, if you are so jealous of my knowledge and the fact people read my posts and like them and you dont get as much attention maybe you should block me and stop reading them. You keep acting like a little girl dude.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Back to 5 Element Ninjas (interesting that Odd Couple kind of did a silly riff on this 2-3 years before this film).

And the opening post, I've learned watching a lot of these wuxias if you give yourself over to a woman in any way that will reduce your inner power, perhaps Chiang was just in awe of her beauty and could forgive her for what she'd done?

I need to watch this again; I know lots of folks love it, I wasn't into it. Ninjas are the one style of fighter I am no longer fascinated by. But for Lo Mang and Michael Chan Wai Man I'll ignore my preferences and give it another shot.

Guest Anonymous
Back to 5 Element Ninjas (interesting that Odd Couple kind of did a silly riff on this 2-3 years before this film).

And the opening post, I've learned watching a lot of these wuxias if you give yourself over to a woman in any way that will reduce your inner power, perhaps Chiang was just in awe of her beauty and could forgive her for what she'd done?

I need to watch this again; I know lots of folks love it, I wasn't into it. Ninjas are the one style of fighter I am no longer fascinated by. But for Lo Mang and Michael Chan Wai Man I'll ignore my preferences and give it another shot.

How can you not be fascinated by ninjas? HOW!lol

She was ht, she was evil, she deserved to die, it was sad, she was caught up in her environment and could not escape, and she was sexy. That is what basically happened.

It sort of reminds me how Sons of Anarchy the TV show was where a character somehow was not so bad, but did something very bad an could not get forgiven at that point and had to die.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Not fascinated by ninjas, very easy. I know lots of folks like them but I'll leave that part of the conversation for the elements to wash away.

Sons of Anarchy they were all a-holes, but I see you're saying.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

As far as Five Elements, Ricky Chien was in love with little troublemaker. Why, I couldn't tell you... she was not a nice girl in any sense of the words.

Guest Anonymous
As far as Five Elements, Ricky Chien was in love with little troublemaker. Why, I couldn't tell you... she was not a nice girl in any sense of the words.

yes she was a very naughty ninja. Some ninja girls are very naughty...

My impression is; Somewhere in his mind and heart cheng tien chee fell to lady ninja but he did not admit it to himself until in the end. And when realized that he thought better die in battle taking bad guy down than living with fact he killed woman he loved.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Love? Revenge? Both.  Who knows?  You know what they say: opposites attract. I do have to say this actress is my least favorite Shaws lady, probably because she always gets on my nerves in this film and Mercenaries from Hong Kong (I won't spoil the latter for those who haven't seen that.)

It's fun to be able to toss a variety of reasons though, but if I was Tien Hao, I'd never forgive her for helping to  kill my big brother. 

Archived