Rewriting A Film

Hei Meigui

If you could change the way a Kung fu film went which one would you use and what would you change?

• Like 1

BiggWill1988

Id change that Jim Kelly lives in Enter The Dragon, that was the first thing that came to mind, lol

• Like 1

I'd make Ding Wei Chung from A Fist Full of Talons a girl. Sounds strange, but bear with me here.

Billy Chong's character (Ching I Ming) is a lonely worker at a motel with no one to talk to except for his dad and other workers. Ding Wei Chung (as a girl) comes along. Besides her being "mysterious" and a good fighter, Ching I Ming sees a potential romantic relationship and tries to search for her when she leaves. That would explain why he would leave the motel to search for her and it would explain why he would turn down marrying Miss Ma. Does that make any sense?

Also, maybe I might add some reconciliation at the end of the film. The ending we get is still awesome, but it's very abrupt and I've always wondered if Sun Chung had filmed more scenes afterward. If I were to meet anyone involved in making the ending of the film, that's one of the questions I ask. Maybe Ding Wei Chung dies. :crying Who knows?

• Like 1

I was thinking about my question and I think that with many of the Kung Fu films since they really represent the culture and values of that time it would totally mess with it to change them. I think the biggest thing I would change is the idea that someone can be reformed and be able to go on and live a normal life. Most of the times you have to die even if you end up doing the right thing.

I think a prime example of that is in Avenging Eagle. I really liked this movie but it goes along that theme. Spoiler

I get it that Ti Lung's character killed people and was ruthless, but when he saw what he had been doing and tried to change and even fell in love it didn't matter. It was heroic for him to force Fu Sheng to kill him to avenge his family's death, but I would have liked to see them go off and have other adventures helping others with revenge.

It is the same thing with Death Duel, Derek Yee's Character just wants to live a normal life but his past catches up to him.Spoiler

He fell in love and took on a regular identity and then it was all brutally taken away. He did actually get to live in the end I was surprised!.

I guess that 's why there is so much gag humor in the films so people don't leave the film totally depressed!! :crying

• Like 1

I was thinking about my question and I think that with many of the Kung Fu films since they really represent the culture and values of that time it would totally mess with it to change them. I think the biggest thing I would change is the idea that someone can be reformed and be able to go on and live a normal life. Most of the times you have to die even if you end up doing the right thing.

I always love those redemption stories and I always wonder what should happen to the character who wants redemption.

I actually really liked how

Ti Lung died heroically

in The Avenging Eagle. It was poignant, but somewhat uplifting.

• Like 1

I always love those redemption stories and I always wonder what should happen to the character who wants redemption.

I actually really liked how

Ti Lung died heroically

in The Avenging Eagle. It was poignant, but somewhat uplifting.

You are right and with that story I do think it was the most perfect ending one could have. I really like that movie!! You made me want to see it again!! :laugh

• Like 1

Cognoscente

I would rewrite the ones where the endings were abrupt. Even if the studios ran out of money, they could have put the time and effort into writing a freeze frame epilogue.

• Like 4