Studio Ghibli Tribute in LA

KenHashibe

The American Cinematheque in Los Angeles is having a tribute to Stubio Ghibli later in August called Animated Treasures: 30 Years of Studio Ghibli at the Egyptian and Aero Theatres.

Egyptian Theatre:

8/20: When Marine Was There/Whisper of the Heart

8/21: My Neighbor Totoro/The Cat Returns

8/22: The Tale of the Princess Kaguya/Princess Mononoke

8/23: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind/Tales From Earthsea

8/26: Pom Poko/My Neighbors The Yamadas

Aero Theatre:

8/27: When Marine Was There/Only Yesterday

8/28: Spirited Away/Ponyo

8/29: Kiki's Delivery Service (English-dubbed)

8/29: Howl's Moving Castle/Castle in the Sky

8/30: My Neighbor Totoro (English-dubbed)

8/30: Porco Rosso/The Wind Rises

9/2: Grave of the Fireflies/From Up On Poppy Hill

Besides Kiki's Delivery Service, all of the other films are in Japanese with English subtitles. It's gonna be tough deciding which films to go to. There might be more films added soon, so I'll keep you guys updated. Very exciting! :rofl

For more info:

http://www.americancinematheque.com/

BTW The August calendar for the New Beverly has been posted on their site. There's still a lack of Hong Kong movies (I won't bring the thread back until there start to), but besides that, this is an excellent calendar (Day of Anger, A Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, Mad Max, Charlie Chaplin films, Yojimbo, and many other films):

http://www.thenewbev.com/calendar/

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They aren't showing Howl's Moving Castle?

They might. I think they're still adding films to their calendar, so we'll see. I'd also like to see Castle in the Sky over there. If they were to show Castle of Cagliostro, I'd be ecstatic...

If they're in Japanese with subs, of course. :angel

Porco Rosso/The Wind Rises (on 8/30) and Grave of the Fireflies :crying/From Up On Poppy Hill (on 9/2) have been added. :thumbsup I'll probably go to Howl's Moving Castle/Castle in the Sky on August 29th.

I ended up gong to see Spirited Away/Ponyo on 8/28 at the Aero Theater. It ended up being a sold out showing.

Both movies were supposed to be shown in Japanese with English subtitles, but only Spirited Away was shown in Japanese w/ subs. Ponyo was shown English-dubbed...with English subtitles. I'm sure there was just a mistake and I still really enjoyed both movies. And I got a coupon for Hot Topic which I used to buy this:

http://www.hottopic.com/product/studio-ghibli-my-neighbor-totoro-crew-pullover/10411979.html?CM_MMC=CSE-_-GGL-_-PopCulture-_-1_9999W1_CSE_GGL_PopCulture_10411974&003=29905769&010=10411979&mr:referralID=b52bc2eb-6afe-11e5-b82d-00505694526f&gclid=Cj0KEQjwnMOwBRCAhp-ysqCwypkBEiQAeSy1-QSn57x31RVS8HhkRvpz8KphxaQ5Uj9P5GgRjT6VBWoaAs5w8P8HAQ

Archived