Who else gets totally pumped up at the beginning narrations

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Who else gets totally pumped up at the beginning narrations of kung fu movies. You know where there is a huge block of text explaining the situation before the movie starts and the narrator is like,

At the end og the Sung dynasty emporer Jung was keeping the macnhus out of china but was assassinated by CHoo Choo Chang, and Tie Tung Tou was leading a group of bandits to invade the regions in the north. Meanwhile, the monks of Shaolin were in alliance with the Sungs to protect the royal seal.

I dont know I just made that up...but that is what I am talking about. And the music is like DUN DUN DUN DUNNN DUN DUN DUN DUNNNN

DUNNN DUNNNN

DUN DUN DUNNNN

the entire time.

I dont know but I just get SO PUMPED UP!

Or when the beginning explains a kung fu style, "There was a master wh had 3 special techniques. First was the fire kick, which is fast and deadly....etc etc

You know and it shows the guys doing awesome movies and spazzing out and then he says another part of the style and you are so pumped up.

I just love it... AAA! Who else?

I think they need to make current movies start like that now days!!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BiggWill1988

Yeah the beginning narrations, music, and sound efffects are awesome they set the tone and get me amped up to watch the movie

Guest Anonymous
Yeah the beginning narrations, music, and sound efffects are awesome they set the tone and get me amped up to watch the movie

I try to memorize them.

One time I sent some stuff to a friend on facebook who does brazilian jiu jitsu and is a brown belt. He does not know a lot of martial arts history so I was quoting a narration of some random kung fu movie style and he thought it was being cited from a textbook and thought I was smart. it was pretty funny.

I love the narrators voice too.

DragonClaws

Always enjoyed the introductions to Kung Fu films & there sometimes a good indicator of the films overall quality. I love the opening to The Hand Of Death when Tan Tan Liang is showing off his various skills.

Secret Executioner

TYPE IT!! I wanna read it!!

Go buy the DVD and watch it, you lazy bastard. Besides, the subs on the IVL (cause I watched it in Chinese) are too fast for me to fully get them.

I also LOVE the beginning narrations. 2 of my favorites are from;

INVINCIBLE ARMOUR

BORN INVINCIBLE

hehe the Born Invincible must be the best I ever saw.... I remember when you released the first Born Invincible shirt, I never saw the movie and saw the first minutes of the movie and got totally blown away...... and SMK sent me the shirt with the movie...... I watched the movie the same evening and I was so impressed..... thanks again for making me remember that SMK !!

Guest Anonymous

I ain't lazy! I just love to read them out loud in the voice! I copy the voice it is fun!

Born Invincible is an awesome movie! I remember when I bought it at FYE and did not know what it would be like but it was rad. Tai Chi is super deadly you have to expect to die if you ever fight a guy who knows that style!

Archived