The Best Training Scenes

Hei Meigui

What Shaw Brother's film had the best training scenes either at the beginning or during the film?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first movies that come to mind is 36th Chamber (often considered the quintessential training scene move) and Mad Monkey Kung Fu. Other movies that come to mind are Crippled Avengers, Dirty Ho, and Invincible Shaolin.

I'm sure I left other films out, but these were the first films that I thought of.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Five Deadly Venoms

The Kung Fu Instructor

Opium and the Kung Fu Master (interesting to see if from someone who knew and had to relearn)

I like Gordon Liu in Challeng of the Masters. I'm not sure if that is the one but there is a movie where at the beginning Lau Kar Leung I think it is does a sequence at the beginning where he explains the rules of Lion Dancing.

Also Dirty Ho and Crippled Avengers also

Executioners from Shaolin

Fist of the White Lotus

8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Marco Polo

Shaolin Temple

There's a few more. Of the lot I posted above I couldn't pick out which has the best, they're all great. Overall, I'd give it to the 36th Chamber though.

shaolin swords

invincible shaolin and challenge of the masters has really nice training scenes in them :smile

Guest Anonymous

Jackie Chan of course has amazing training scenes and just bizarre methods and its so hardcore. It is so intense even I get tired watching it and feel like I am fatigued. But its awesome!

Training scenes always pump me up and have awesome music. That is when YOU KNOW they are going to give it to the bad guy.

I like stroke of death aka monkey kung fu.They had the good training music to go with the opening scene as well as the sequences within the movie later.Return to the 36th chamber was as well as The 36th chamber of shaolin had epic training sequences as well.

ShaOW!linDude

2 Sammo flicks come to mind: His training of Yuen Biao in Knockabout, and his training of Stephen Tung Wai in The Incredible Kung Fu Master.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Now I've seen a lot more, I'll add these to my previous choices. 

Shaolin Mantis

Mad Monkey Kung Fu

Five Element Ninjas 

I like Gordon Liu in Challeng of the Masters. I'm not sure if that is the one but there is a movie where at the beginning Lau Kar Leung I think it is does a sequence at the beginning where he explains the rules of Lion Dancing.

Also Dirty Ho and Crippled Avengers also

The movie you speak of where Lau Kar Leung explains Lion Dancing is the martial club aka the instructors of death.In case if you're still wondering.

Archived