Who Is The Most Annoying Character To You In Fu Films?

Hei Meigui

1 hour ago, Secret Executioner said:

@Drunken Monk: boy you surely go against the popular opinions here. :wink 

Haha, you think? I suppose you're right to an extent. I'm not a purposely a contrarian. I just have my opinions and stick to them. Trust me, when I first got into the kung fu genre, I despised Dean Shek. I fast forwarded through all his scenes. But, over time, I've been enamored by his buffoonery. He's like an uglier one-man version of the Three Stooges to me.

• Like 2

Secret Executioner
3 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

He's like an uglier one-man version of the Three Stooges to me.

That's one hell of a description here. :coveredlaugh

Personally, I don't mind him, but I haven't seen that much of his stuff.

Edited by Secret Executioner
  • Like 1

Can't really think of the movie but Chen Kuan Tai and Alexander Fu Sheng were the good guys and the bad guy looked like he couldn't fight at all. He'd posture around and hit em in the back while they were fighting others. I was slightly irritated.. like wtf is this? Square up

Edited by Bus
  • Like 1

On 26.1.2016 at 7:57 PM, Bus said:

Can't really think of the movie but Chen Kuan Tai and Alexander Fu Sheng were the good guys and the bad guy looked like he couldn't fight at all. He'd posture around and hit em in the back while they were fighting others. I was slightly irritated.. like wtf is this? Square up

It was likely heroes two. Most annoying for me is  Wong Yu, particularly in spiritual boxer and oh, well about everything...Most movies more, very few less irrating...

wongc.jpg

Dean Shek is dire too but I can forgive that, at least he plays characters one is not supposed to like, bully and sometimes rapist..I actually liked him in "dance of drunk mantis", chinese Scrooge McDuck was hilarious

DeanShekTin-46-b.jpg

Edited by Tex Killer
  • Like 2

Cognoscente
On 7/29/2015 at 9:28 AM, Secret Executioner said:

The princess in Shaolin Traitor aka Rebel Of Shaolin... I know a lot of people love Doris Lung, but she's annoying as hell here with her bratty attitude and superiority complex that allows her to look down on everybody. Hell, I ended up rooting for whoever would kill her, even if it was the main bad guy.

Maybe that was why The Couple Who Kills was cancelled.

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 1/26/2016 at 7:50 PM, Drunken Monk said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I've come to dislike Yuen Siu Tien in most films. He has one or two in which he's great, but the whole "old kung fu master" thing he portrays while being doubled for every fight scene has slowly began to irk the hell out of me.

I was kinda shocked to realize that I started to feel that way, I appreciated him so much in my early years of watching the genre. 

• Like 2

ShawAngela
On 5/8/2021 at 5:04 PM, Cognoscente said:

Maybe that was why The Couple Who Kills was cancelled.

Do you have more informations than the ones that were posted here a while ago (almost nothing)about this movie?

I would have loved to see Angela Mao and Doris Lung in the same movie.

Doris was also very annoying in 18 shaolin girls. Actually, th e whole movie was annoying...

• Like 2

Cognoscente
2 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Do you have more informations than the ones that were posted here a while ago (almost nothing)about this movie?

Doris was also very annoying in 18 shaolin girls. Actually, th e whole movie was annoying...

There's virtually no info other than that brief Cinemart article. Someone should ask Angela about that movie. She might not remember the title but she will remember the names of the co-stars.

Edited by Cognoscente
  • Like 2

Cognoscente
9 minutes ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I was kinda shocked to realize that I started to feel that way, I appreciated him so much in my early years of watching the genre. 

It explains why Yu Jim-Yuen was cast in The Old Master.

• Like 2

ShawAngela
Just now, Cognoscente said:

There's virtually no info other than that brief Cinemart article. Someone should ask Angela about that movie. She might not remember the title but she will remember the names of the co-stars.

Well, our member @Karlos, and another one, I don't remember who, had the luck to meet Angela a while ago and, at my request, they asked her about this movie and she told them that she didn't remember it...

• Like 3

Cognoscente

It's hard to believe that she would forget. It wasn't exactly commonplace back then for a Kung Fu movie actress to play a character engaged in a lesbian romance. In fact, I don't remember much in the way of lesbianism in that old era of Kung Fu cinema.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

In fact, I don't remember much in the way of lesbianism in that old era of Kung Fu cinema.

I'm only aware of Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan (and presumably, its remake Lust for a Chinese Courtesan). Some of them flirt with the idea, like Chia Ling dressing up as a man and hitting on a brothel madam in Lady Constables.

13 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

They both star in Moonlight Sword and Jade Lion.

• Like 2

Cognoscente
3 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

They both star in Moonlight Sword and Jade Lion.

Made in the same year, no less. I wonder if they fell out, and the movie got cancelled as a result.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Well, our member @Karlos, and another one, I don't remember who, had the luck to meet Angela a while ago and, at my request, they asked her about this movie and she told them that she didn't remember it...

Yes, myself, @irongut and @KUNG FU BOB at her restaurant in 2018.

She said she had no recollection if that and a  couple of other films.

• Like 3

ShawAngela
54 minutes ago, Karlos said:

Scary!

So much has happened since then!

Hope all is well with you @ShawAngela!

Time flies at lights' speed !!

Yes, I'm fine, thanks, and I hope that everything is alright for you and your family too. I remember that you had told me that you planned to put on the forum the interview you had done with Angela Mao. Unless I missed it, I don' t remember to have seen it anywhere here.

• Like 4

Alas, didn't get the chance to do any sort of formal nterview with Angela but yes, I should post what we chatted about as it was very interesting.

The restaurant was so incredibly busy I'm amazed she took the time to chat with us at all, but she was super gracious and kind during the little bits of interaction we had with her.

She really is an incredible, vibrant and open person.

And yes, all ok here!

• Like 4