Who Is The Most Annoying Character To You In Fu Films?

Hei Meigui

I can not stand... Oh I forget his name but he is annoying in most of the films I have seen him in. He was in Killer Clans and was the secret mole. He was in Executioners From Shaolin, and played the annoying character who kept teasing Chen Kuan-Tai's Character for not getting any on his wedding night. Arghh I'm going to have to hunt down his name!!

• Like 1

I can not stand... Oh I forget his name but he is annoying in most of the films I have seen him in. He was in Killer Clans and was the secret mole. He was in Executioners From Shaolin, and played the annoying character who kept teasing Chen Kuan-Tai's Character for not getting any on his wedding night. Arghh I'm going to have to hunt down his name!!

Are you talking about Cheng Kang-Yeh, the little bandit from A Fist Full of Talons? Honestly, he's grown on me a bit. I don't really enjoy watching him, but I'm not annoyed by him. I could easily see how he could grind someone's gears though.

Actually, I don't think there are any characters that I was really annoyed by in a kung fu movie.

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

The princess in Shaolin Traitor aka Rebel Of Shaolin... I know a lot of people love Doris Lung, but she's annoying as hell here with her bratty attitude and superiority complex that allows her to look down on everybody. Hell, I ended up rooting for whoever would kill her, even if it was the main bad guy.

There's also a wife and a kid who are really annoying in another movie (can't remember the title, I think it's Shaolin Kung Fu or ssomething) and they literally whine throughout all the fights. Yeah, nothing better than an horrendous dub going "no, stop it, stop fighting" to help you enjoy fights that are average to being with. :swearing these fuckin' characters. :angry

Edit: why is it in the SB forum ? These films I'm mentionning aren't even Shaw Bros films, and it's obvious Shaws aren't the worst in that department.

• Like 1

The princess in Shaolin Traitor aka Rebel Of Shaolin... I know a lot of people love Doris Lung, but she's annoying as hell here with her bratty attitude and superiority complex that allows her to look down on everybody. Hell, I ended up rooting for whoever would kill her, even if it was the main bad guy.

There's also a wife and a kid who are really annoying in another movie (can't remember the title, I think it's Shaolin Kung Fu or ssomething) and they literally whine throughout all the fights. Yeah, nothing better than an horrendous dub going "no, stop it, stop fighting" to help you enjoy fights that are average to being with. :swearing these fuckin' characters. :angry

Edit: why is it in the SB forum ? These films I'm mentionning aren't even Shaw Bros films, and it's obvious Shaws aren't the worst in that department.

Executioners From Shaolin and Killer Clans are listed as Shaw Brother's films.

• Like 1

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

These are tied for me:

The local bad guy whose limbs are eventually all broken in Odd Couple (just before they introduce the proper villain.)

and

Devil Grandma in The Magic Blade.

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

Executioners From Shaolin and Killer Clans are listed as Shaw Brother's films.

True, but I was talking of the movies I mentionned. And basically about the fact you have annoying characters in non-Shaw movies.

Anyway, I guess if I was to pick a Shaw Bros annoying guy, I'd go with Kong Do. This dude can play arrogant people perfectly - I especially like how annoyingly arrogant he is in Shaolin movies like Shaolin Martial Arts.

• Like 1

It's anything played by Dean Shek. Period.

THAT !! but for some reason, although he's a pain in the ass, I love the good ol' same ol' charachter he's playing most of the time...... annoying but mandatory, I would not change anything hehe

• Like 1

I would have to say the Fu Sheng character in LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF KUNG FU and also the villains assistant in warriors two(the one who walks funny,can't remember his name though).

• Like 1

Guest Anonymous

I really don't like that skinny guy with a moustache with wierd eyes who usually plays gross guys with moles and hair growing out of them. That guy always grosses me out. I wish I knew his name.

Also whats with moles and hair not being cut in chinese movies? Is that really a thing over there?

Secret Executioner
Also whats with moles and hair not being cut in chinese movies? Is that really a thing over there?

IIRC, there's a superstition about mole's hair and this popular belief leads to people keeping the hair. Someone back on kungfucinema discussed this, but I don't remember the whole story that well.

• Like 1

I really don't like that skinny guy with a moustache with wierd eyes who usually plays gross guys with moles and hair growing out of them. That guy always grosses me out. I wish I knew his name.

Here is a site with a pretty complete explanation of the whole Mole Hair thing!!!! http://ask-a-chinese-guy.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-is-it-with-hairy-moles-people-in.html

This guy from Drunken Master with Jackie Chan? Dean Shek?

r3iboJj.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Anonymous

I have been desperately trying to find the guy I fin annoying but cannot find any movie on youtube that I remember the title of that has him. But he reminds me of Philip Ko with his eyes, but his eyes are more beedy.

I remember once he played a hunch back guy I think but it was not the crippled masters movie one. Also he played this rich guy who was bullying a restaurant owner and the owner's dish washer an waiter guy would get into trouble and get hit and beat up and then learned some kung fu stuff and beat up the rich guy. This movie was reently on el ray last month but I forgot the name.

Anyway he plays guys with that circular hat and a gold watch on a lot and has super beedy eyes and looks somewhat mental and is usually a jerk. He the weird mustache and sometimes he has a mole and sometimes he does not. I don't know but he just grosses me out in most of the characters he plays.

Are you talking about Cheng Kang-Yeh, the little bandit from A Fist Full of Talons? Honestly, he's grown on me a bit. I don't really enjoy watching him, but I'm not annoyed by him. I could easily see how he could grind someone's gears though.

Actually, I don't think there are any characters that I was really annoyed by in a kung fu movie.

Yes that is him!! I don't know why he gets under my skin so much. I haven't seen him play a character I like. It was touching how dedicated he was in one film to his "brother" I think in Executioners of Shaolin (no spoilers!!)

but that wasn't enough he still bugs me!! :shaking

• Like 1

On 29.7.2015 at 8:01 PM, sym8 said:

I would have to say the Fu Sheng character in LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF KUNG FU

Definitely. Wong Yu takes silver medal for his performance in executioners from shaolin.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
On 7/29/2015 at 2:52 PM, MonkeyFu said:

It's anything played by Dean Shek. Period.

i was coming right here to post the exact same thing.

He pisses me off..lol

• Like 2

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Secret Executioner said:

That's the guy I was thinking of too. Very recognizable face. :cool

Can't stand this guy. The guy that is like 6'6 300 lbs who use to be a big idiot in the old school movies use to get on my nerves too. He was ok in 1 movie where he was cliff lok's friend

Edited by Bus
  • Like 2

I've learned to love Dean Shek. Sure, he's usual a bumbling nitwit, but, over the years, I've mustered up an appreciation for him. Not in every film, granted. But in most.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I've come to dislike Yuen Siu Tien in most films. He has one or two in which he's great, but the whole "old kung fu master" thing he portrays while being doubled for every fight scene has slowly began to irk the hell out of me.

• Like 3

masterofoneinchpunch
20 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I've learned to love Dean Shek. Sure, he's usual a bumbling nitwit, but, over the years, I've mustered up an appreciation for him. Not in every film, granted. But in most.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I've come to dislike Yuen Siu Tien in most films. He has one or two in which he's great, but the whole "old kung fu master" thing he portrays while being doubled for every fight scene has slowly began to irk the hell out of me.

I'm going to have to agree with the Drunken Monk here.  There are films in which he is insufferable like Laughing Times (though John Woo had a big fault in this) and I do love to make fun of him, he's like a less talented Jerry Lewis, but he mugs so much it is freaking hilarious.  His humor is broad, he does not pretend not to be broad and you generally know what you get with him (obvious exceptions like A Better Tomorrow II.)  He's like the friend you laugh at because he makes an ass of himself wherever he goes.  You don't expect that friend to make it in cinema though nor would you want him to live at your house.

• Like 1