Hitman The Cobra (1986)

Secret Executioner

Secret Executioner

Revisited this one today. :happy

A war movie directed by Godfrey Ho starring Richard Harrison. Yup, everybody's favorite director/actor from IFD didn't stick to Ninja films, they also explored tragic war movies (or rather made Filipino flicks ridiculous with newly added scenes featuring obviously modern HK settings in the background).

Richard Harrison is an American soldier who kills a guy named Roger after finding out he actually sold informations to the Japanese. Roger's brother (Mike Abbott) goes out and seeks revenge, helped by a bunch of soldiers.

Since the part with the White guys (there's like 4 White guys, a Black guy and an Asian guy actually) covers barely 10 minutes, the rest of the 70 minutes is a different movie focusing on Fillipinos fighting off the Japanese, supposedly with help from Philip (the guy played by Richard Harrison, cause yeah, he's not called Gordon for once, and he also isn't sporting his famous moustache either - he does have a camouflage outfit, though it's (naturally) not his Ninja suit).

This cut-and-splice is actually not too bad, I'd even go as far as to say it ranks up among my favorite Godfrey Ho movies. Too bad the only DVD I know of (and the one I have) is an edited German print with only German audio (good thing I understand German relatively well), but it's not too bad though the only extra is a still gallery.

Speaking of gallery, let us enjoy some images:

51XL8hw%2BMfL.jpg

German DVD cover

Affiche_Cinema_Hitman.jpg

French theatrical poster (cause this movie DID come out in theaters)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws

I thought Richard Harrison lost all his ninja skills if he shaved the tash?. Another cut and paste flick Ive yet to sit through. These film's have a cult following and I'm surprised some companies haven't released an IFD/Filmark themed box set yet. There's plenty of cheap Kung Fu box sets out there but none that exclusively deal with these old cut and paste productions.

Nice to read your comments on the film Secret Executioner.

Secret Executioner
I thought Richard Harrison lost all his ninja skills if he shaved the tash?. Another cut and paste flick Ive yet to sit through. These film's have a cult following and I'm surprised some companies haven't released an IFD/Filmark themed box set yet. There's plenty of cheap Kung Fu box sets out there but none that exclusively deal with these old cut and paste productions.

Nice to read your comments on the film Secret Executioner.

He also doesn't have the tash in The Ninja Squad, remember ?

Concerning the box sets, I know of only a couple that are stricly centered on cut-and-splice films:

- one from France that contains 3 Ninja movies from Filmark (Clash Of The Ninjas, Ninja In Action and Ninja: American Warrior).

dvdartus.jpg

- another one (R1) that contains 4 Filmark movies (Bionic Ninja, Death Code: Ninja, Ninja: American Warrrior (again) and Ninja In The Killing Fields):

51rUhsdzlEL.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I love how the art is all modern looking like it is a very high quality current film, but its really just an 80's filmed movie.

I love how all of these weird movies have guys with typical American or western names. Roger, Philip...etc.

In Ninja of the Magnificence it is so hilarious. The bad guy's name is Ross.

Secret Executioner

I thought Max and Billy were popular names in the Philippines. Ooooh. :sad

(for those who aren't aware: Max is the leader of the resistance in this film and Billy is the main character of the movie used in The Ninja Squad)

DragonClaws

He also doesn't have the tash in The Ninja Squad, remember ?

Concerning the box sets, I know of only a couple that are stricly centered on cut-and-splice films:

- one from France that contains 3 Ninja movies from Filmark (Clash Of The Ninjas, Ninja In Action and Ninja: American Warrior).

dvdartus.jpg

- another one (R1) that contains 4 Filmark movies (Bionic Ninja, Death Code: Ninja, Ninja: American Warrrior (again) and Ninja In The Killing Fields):

51rUhsdzlEL.jpg

Your right SE, he doesn't have the tash in Ninja Squad I just couldn't remember that. Thanks for the images of the Ninja film box sets.

Secret Executioner

You're welcome, DC.

On a sidenote, the Rarescope Ninja Collection can be found online rather easily, but the movies on it really aren't that great. The French set can be found online as well, and it has English dubs available. Plus a lot of nice features (a couple of interviews with Richard Harrison and Paulo Tocha, a trailer...). Neat stuff. :cool

DragonClaws
You're welcome, DC.

On a sidenote, the Rarescope Ninja Collection can be found online rather easily, but the movies on it really aren't that great. The French set can be found online as well, and it has English dubs available. Plus a lot of nice features (a couple of interviews with Richard Harrison and Paulo Tocha, a trailer...). Neat stuff. :cool

That's cool, I didn't expect there to be any special features on these kind of sets. RareScope was the name of a label run by Toby Russell a few years ago. The ninja box set must be released by a company using the same name surely?.

Secret Executioner

Heard of that label. Not sure what their timeline was, but the Ninja Collection set is from 2008 according to the copyright.

Archived