The Sword (1980), Starring Adam Cheng, Uncut German Version

shaolin swords

shaolin swords

the time on it is 84 min its suppost to be uncut I got the regular one but to lazy to look for it lol :coveredlaugh to see the time on it I think it was released by tai seng a couple of years back if not mistaken the one with subs regular one not uncut if any one got the tai seng one please let me know the time on it thanks :smile

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

this is funny i just checked on the tai seng the sword dvd time and its 85 min my uncut says 84 min its a lil bit less by a min so i guess its not so uncut :smile:coveredlaugh:angry its probably a bootleg for all I know should be more time then the regular one if its uncut bought it off a seller on ebay its probably bootleg but looks legit

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

It could be that the "uncut version" you have is a PAL disc. If that's the case, the PAL system plays a bit faster, and that would mean that an 84 minute PAL film could be about 5 minutes longer than your (presumably, if it's a Tai Seng release) NTSC 85 minute DVD.

I have two versions- a really old, non-anamorphic DVD I bought around 1995 in Chinatown, and a custom version that is anamorphic, uses the French company Hong Kong Video's release, and has English subs added to it. Not sure if they are 'uncut', nor of their running times off-hand. I'll have to check.

shaolin swords

thanks bob for the info and yes it is pal i guess that explains the time issue on the dvd thanks

Archived