Ti Lung

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Long before energy drinks, became all the rage in Western culture, it appears Hong Kong/Asia was ahead of the curve.

It's rumoured, that @ShawAngela, drinks a few bottles of this, before starting an all night long, Shaw Brothers movie marathon?.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Long before energy drinks, became all the rage in Western culture, it appears Hong Kong/Asia was ahead of the curve.

It's rumoured, that @ShawAngela, drinks a few bottles of this, before starting an all night long, Shaw Brothers movie marathon?.

:bs_coveredlaugh::monk_laughing:🤣

• Like 1

Chu Liu Hsiang

This article appeared in 2015 but I didn't see it before. Finally got a good excuse to "invade" Ti Lung's home: "Excuse me, Sir, we have a pipe break. Can we borrow a bucket of water?" :D 

http://www.ejinsight.com/20150912-at-69-ti-lung-has-no-plans-to-quit-acting/

Mr. and Mrs. Ti Lung, with daughter-in-law and granddaughter, with son Shaun Tam

1137075_01c6d17c0ab7b953406c8a4d4a131a7b

1137075_384f08111cc64187aaec323bb9776419

• Like 3

Chu Liu Hsiang

http://hktopten.blogspot.com/2019/04/20190408-ti-lung-wants-to-watch-movies.html

HKSAR Film No Top Ten Box Office, 8/4/2019

Ti Lung Wants to Watch Movies With His Grandchildren

Ti Lung yesterday with his wife Tao Man Ming attended his film THE KID FROM THE BIG APPLE 2: BEFORE WE FORGET's charity screening. Co-star Shaun Tam Chun Yin was in Vietnam and unable to attend.  
The film wrapped up production two years ago. As for not being able to be released in Hong Kong, did he feel any regret? Ti Lung said, "This industry has highs and lows. The movie was made in Malaysia, it was quite a hit there. Other stuff like Hong Kong distribution is not something that actors can control. I hope those interested would support the film, since fewer people would invest in family films. For example THE WANDERING EARTH was very popular in the Mainland, but in Hong Kong it didn't get much publicity." He also said that he would like to watch a movie with his grandchildren when he would have the time so they would understand the job.

0408-00282-034b1.jpg   i_540x360_022500397.jpg

Yeah show them all the good ol' stuff :D 

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

Cinemart Magazine Pictorial, Hong Kong, April 1979

tl_holiday_europe.jpg

Edited by Chu Liu Hsiang
from Mishgan, famousfix.com
  • Like 6

Chu Liu Hsiang

There are lots of monster fish movies out there but GIANT FISH has Ti Lung!

STAYCATION (2018)

staycation.jpg

• Like 3

Wife and I are taking the kids on their Grand Canyon adventure in 2022 and I didn't realize we would be following in the footsteps of Shaw greatness. Back in the summer of 1981, Ti Lung and Amy Tao visited the big hole in the AZ ground  Not sure who the others were that joined them. Other Shaw alum or possibly just family.  From Cinemart #140 (October '81)

gc.jpg

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 1/21/2019 at 12:55 PM, DragonClaws said:

A few images for @ShawAngela

d712b86cfee2cca3805714186e8466aa.jpg

c6792e6f3fe3f33b676d3aea3d711c72.jpg

Does anyone know the significant of Ti Lung's anchor tattoo?  I know some actors like Michael Chan-wai have tattoos because he was a real life triad member but I never heard or read any story about Ti Lung and his background.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Does anyone know the significant of Ti Lung's anchor tattoo?  I know some actors like Michael Chan-wai have tattoos because he was a real life triad member but I never heard or read any story about Ti Lung and his background.

I was always curious about the tat. In my book research, I leaned some new things about him but never anything about the tat. The one Shaw actor, above all, whom I still hope to meet. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, teako170 said:

I was always curious about the tat. In my book research, I leaned some new things about him but never anything about the tat. The one Shaw actor, above all, whom I still hope to meet. 

Was Duel of Fists the only SBs movie where his real tattoo is allowed to be exposed onscreen? I remember that tattoo was even part of the story line. Obviously, I discount all the period films he did as contemporary tattoos like the anchor and swallow wouldn't have existed in the Ming dynasty but I mean the SBs films set in contemporary times.

• Like 3

This photo is back some years ago, around 2012.  Ti Lung pays Lau Kar Fai a visit. Two legends of Shaw Studios. 

A55nnA7CYAIbjQA.jpg

• Like 5

Cognoscente

In his memoir, Wong Jing talked about working with Ti Lung on Mercenaries from Hong Kong: "He was drinking a lot of beer. He was unhappy. Maybe it was a family thing. I'm not the sort of person to ask people about their problems unless it affects my cast and crew. This was during his fading popularity. One day, he got angry because he was not satisfied with the plotting. He said some harsh words. I calmly discussed with him and he calmed down. If someone is being aggressive, you have to be subversive in a passive way. The story was constantly changed as filming progressed. After it was completed, I did not want to work with him again."

• Like 3

ShawAngela
13 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

0ebfa418acaa469884623b4861fc8d48.jpeg

ti lung.jpg

Am I right if I recognize Bruce Liang, Tan Tao Liang and Yasuaki Kurata from left to right on the first picture ?

• Like 4