Ti Lung

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
9 hours ago, Tosh said:

glad my half-ass photoshop skills are amusing someone

Yes sir. LOL. That's priceless.

And my quarter-ass photoshop skills are so rusty, that's why I use Pixelmator now. 

@Secret Executioner Of course we need Ti Lung smilies and emoticons (a la Bruce Lee here.) These are great. 

Oh, LOL. That black and white shot I posted last night, Ti's wearing a smiley necklace LOLOLOL. It's a sign. :laugh

Edited by Lady Jin Szu-Yi
  • Like 2

On 1/30/2016 at 10:18 PM, Lady Jin Szu-Yi said:

You're right about Lai Ying - location etc. (Geez, I need to start reading Mandarin...)  If you find any place else can you create a thread Albert?

---

Just watched A Killer's Blues (1990), my review will be in the February Mutual reviews thread. And he wins the 1970s flashback wig against Chan Wai Man in Gangland Odyssey.

In a Ti Tattoo update, Yes, the Dragon heads on his chest are real (I thought so from the picture posted earlier) and I reckon his back tattoo is too (couldn't make out what that was, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a dragon (All of his tattoos are dragons.)

and because I never get tired of Ti performing Wing Chun... this image...

ti-lung-1.jpg

I'll definitely do a thread :)

I also liked Ti Lung in Star Runner  (aka The Kumite), where he played Vanness Wu's Wing Chun teacher. 

StarRunner+2003-60-b.jpg

• Like 3

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

@AlbertV Thanks for the heads up on the Kumite. I've glanced at that film sideways a lot due to the not so nice reviews, but if it means seeing Ti Lung doling out more Wing Chun, I'll definitely give it a look. 

• Like 1

Well, his appearance is more of an extended cameo in the film. Ti's son Shaun Tam gets more screen time as one of the major fighters in the tournament alongside Andy On and the film's action director, Chin Kar-Lok.

• Like 2

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
5 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Well, his appearance is more of an extended cameo in the film.

Thanks, I'll check youtube to see if someone posted it online. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lady Jin Szu-Yi said:

Thanks, I'll check youtube to see if someone posted it online. 

Here you go Lady Jin :) The other teacher is Dr. Graham Player (Gam Bok-Yin), a Hung Kuen expert and expert in Chinese medicine :)

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

http://hktopten.blogspot.de/2017/12/20171223-ti-lungs-wife-is-in-charge-of.html

Some Ti Lung statements on occasion of screening event for upcoming movie STAYCATION 

Picture courtesy of singtao.com 

On the one hand it's a bit late for pictures with santa hat but on the other it's never too early or too late for Ti Lung pictures :monk_flirting:

tl_staycation_event.jpg

• Like 3

http://hktopten.blogspot.com/2018/01/20180104-ti-lung-is-funny-in-his-first.html

"The Johnson Lee Si Jit directed and starred film STAYCATION (YUT GA DAI SAI) will open next month. In the earlier released trailer, Lee Si Jit played a working class guy who puts a lot of effort into arranging for his father Tommy Tam (Ti Lung) and mother Yuen Qiu to go on a family vacation for his father's 70th birthday and his own 15th wedding anniversary. Unexpectedly time and again his nutjob brother Andrew Lam Man Chung creates nuclear weapon level destructions. They also run into an odd hotel manager Law Kar Ying. In addition he suspects that his wife Louisa So Yuk Wa is cheating on him. Thus a series of crazy events takes place over three days and two nights!"

0104-00282-044b1.jpg

645d645902a8086e195e1f7316da14f9.jpg

Ti and wife Tao Man-Ming at Ching Li's funeral

• Like 3

01e520c3c1ff25b3c10e9ba7c23095fb.jpg

Yuen Qiu, Ti Lung, Johnson Lee, and Louisa So at a promotional event for Staycation, Lee's directorial debut in which Ti and Yuen play his parents and So plays his wife.

1137075_0175a32aedebd401685d79cb77e9f499

Ti Lung and son Shaun Tam

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

I hade never seen this picture and I love it ! Thanks for sharing !

Glad you like it.

Found it while doing a search on Asian cinema online, thought I'd save it and post it here, for you Ti Lung super fans .

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

http://hktopten.blogspot.de/2018/01/20180119-ti-lung-puts-his-face-in-cake.html

"Tommy Tam (Ti Lung) in the Johnson Lee directed and starred film STAYCATION (YUT GA DAI SAI) challenged the comedy limits. In one scene his sons Johnson Lee and Andrew Lam Man Chung celebrates his birthday; Johnson Lee designed one scene in which he accidentally put Ti Lung's face into a cake and the birthday boy got cake all over his face. Johnson Lee said that before the shoot he was shaking with fear, luckily Ti Lung agreed and the result was naturally and funny with only just one take."

I never thought I'd see a day where someone dares to put majestic Ti Lung's face in a cake. :coveredlaugh 

tl_cakeface.jpg

• Like 4